Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.124

ComicRack 0.9.124 7 years 6 months ago #7870

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676

New Features
* NEW: Added scriptable comic info panels to the comic browser (HTML and coded UIs)
* NEW: Server Activity icon in the taskbar
* NEW: Server Statistics Dialog (button in library preferences or clicking on the Activity icon)
* NEW: Served image quality settings for Shares.
* NEW: New file type .crplugin for ComicRack plugins (simply change the .zip to .crplugin)

Changes
* CHANGE: List value editor popups now have also a simple Text tab
* CHANGE: If the eComic is remote, captions are displayed instead of filenames
* CHANGE: Removed limitation of 5 script toolbar buttons
* CHANGE: Different icon for Temporary Folder
* CHANGE: Removed Parallel Query implementations
* CHANGE: Added shortcuts to stack buttons (Alt-C, Alt-N, Alt-P). Translators have to add them in their packages.
* CHANGE: Connecting to remote libraries is now handled in a progress dialog
* CHANGE: Plugin Packages with the extension *.crplugin can now be install with a double click from the explorer

Bugfixes
* BUGFIX: Book matching for imported reading lists did not work as expected in some cases
* BUGFIX: Better/faster tear down of tabs interface
* BUGFIX: Copy Path/Show in browser was available for remote eComics in the tab context menu
* BUGFIX: Pagelist in Comic Book Dialog did not use the correct page cache keys for remote eComics
* BUGFIX: Error in group matcher if ParallelQueries was turned on
* BUGFIX: Bookmark main menu did not display bookmark entries
* BUGFIX: Open Next/Prev comic now correctly works (even with multiple libraries open)
* BUGFIX: Sync to browser now correctly works with multiple open libraries
* BUGFIX: Added missing wiki help link for Smart List Dialog
* BUGFIX: Remote Libraries correctly display List-layout presets in the toolbar menu
* BUGFIX: Library Browser View settings are now correctly saved for remote libraries
* BUGFIX: After a restart the most recent list for remote servers was reverted

Your opinion here :)

Donate and support this project!
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.124 7 years 6 months ago #7871

• Fain
  • Gold Boarder
  • Compulssive Ad Clicker
Amazing how much changing the Temporary Lists icon seems to have spruced the appearance up. Guess I spend way too much time in ComicRack if I'm noticing that change so much :) Looks awesome!

Loving the new server features. I've spotted a couple small bugs here and there already. But they are minor little quirks. The features themselves work just fine from what I can tell. Been testing them with a couple friends of mine and so far so good. Noticeable speed improvement from what we can tell in retrieval speeds for thumbnails.

BUGFIX: Better/faster tear down of tabs interface
Does this refer to tabs in the comic views, tabs in the browser, or tabs in general? I don't use tabs all that much in browser, so I'm noticing them most prevalently on the viewer (I think)
It seems to be to be alot faster. Hopefully I'm not just seeing things :) I remember tabs being abit clunkier prior to this build, now they seem to be abit faster in responding :) Love it.

Thanks cYo!
Everytime you click an ad, a cYo gains its wings.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.124 7 years 6 months ago #7872

• Fain
  • Gold Boarder
  • Compulssive Ad Clicker
Having a slight problem now. One of my friends updated to .124 before trying to connect and he is getting "Failed to retrieve database"

He was able to connect fine previously. Maybe a bug with .124 trying to connect to .124? I can connect myself to Adam's library, but can't seem to connect to Shinrai's, and I'm assuming he has updated to .124 by now. I get the same error and have been able to connect to his library previously.

edit: On that note, maybe add a "Server version" to the Open Remote Library list. I don't know who is running which version of CR, the above is speculation at the moment about Adam using .123 and Shinrai using .124

Could possibly help with narrowing down any future remote share connection bugs.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Fain.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.124 7 years 6 months ago #7873

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Well well, what do we have here..?

Fain wrote:
..Maybe a bug with .124 trying to connect to .124? I can connect myself to Adam's library, but can't seem to connect to Shinrai's, and I'm assuming he has updated to .124 by now. I get the same error and have been able to connect to his library previously.

same here..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.124 7 years 6 months ago #7874

• Fain
  • Gold Boarder
  • Compulssive Ad Clicker
I've now been able to connect to Shinrai's library. Just took a looooong time and alot of retries. Not sure what was up. Still trying to get my friend to connect to me.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.124 7 years 6 months ago #7875

• cYo
Yes, something funny is going on here. It works fine in the local network, but I'm not able to connect to Fain's Library (an internal Security error).

Re: ComicRack 0.9.124 7 years 6 months ago #7876

• Fain
  • Gold Boarder
  • Compulssive Ad Clicker
WPMPO, where are you getting that Info Panel? Should it be displaying from the bottom of the browser?

I've toggled it on and off a couple times and haven't seen it yet, checked a few places and expanded and unexpanded alot of the docks looking for it.
I figured at first this feature would have to have script written for it before it was seen.

I guess I don't quite understand how it is used or how to get it to show up. :blink:

Re: ComicRack 0.9.124 7 years 6 months ago #7877

• cYo
Maybe it is a CPU issue. If you turn on the quality reduction, ComicRack has to recode the images in the background. What does your network stats window say. Are there lots of rrequests?

Re: ComicRack 0.9.124 7 years 6 months ago #7878

• Fain
  • Gold Boarder
  • Compulssive Ad Clicker
Very well could be, quility reduction was the very first thing I turned on. I'll try turning it off and see how that goes.

I don't have all that many requests, and it appears some people are connecting ok (maybe)

Right now I have this:

The non-expanded tabs have either the same info or 0 for all the stats as no one has tried connecting in the last 5 minutes.

I'm restarting the server now, with the quility reduction settings turned back to 100.

And in case it is a CPU issue I'll throw my CPU specs out there as well q6600 2.4ghz quad core.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.124 7 years 6 months ago #7879

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
Fain wrote:
I can connect myself to Adam's library, but can't seem to connect to Shinrai's, and I'm assuming he has updated to .124 by now. I get the same error and have been able to connect to his library previously.

I only just updated in the last 10 minutes (I've been asleep, actually) and I'm getting the exact same error trying to connect to you even now that I'm on the newest build.

EDIT: Connected to Adam's just fine. Of course it has several orders of magnitude fewer books in it so that may have something to do with it.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Shinrai.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Who's Online

We have 291 guests and one member online