Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: The ComicRack Manual (2nd edition)

Re:The ComicRack Manual (2nd edition) 7 years 6 months ago #8404

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
This is regarding the current status of the manual.

What I thought would be a minor revision (with a few spelling mistakes & minor technical errors) has transformed into a major overhaul, what with all team members helping with corrections & suggestions. :)

So, I feel instead of a 'revised 2nd edition", we'll have a "3rd edition". Apart from a large number of corrections and additions, I've already added about 8 pages to the manual, and more are in the pipeline.

Hence, instead of the promised 4-5 days, it may take a week or two..

apologies for delay :(
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The topic has been locked.

Re:The ComicRack Manual (2nd edition) 7 years 6 months ago #8405

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
600WPMPO wrote:
"each list has its own QuickSearch settings" - this option needs some explanation. also "Show Search Links" could use some screenshot with example.
I still don't get this completely.. please explain
try testing it yourself according to the instructions in this post: comicrack.cyolito.com/user-forum/8-help/...mit=10&start=10#7954

And write something about new .crplugin extension - we can install script directly form windows explorer (or drag and drop to main window)
If we have a script with that plugin, I'll be most happy to add it with screenshots & all..
as cbanack already posted crplugin is just renamed zip archive with script files inside.

- page 32 - ComicRack™ Status Bar - you have to update the screenshot - we have now Statistics Icon there
No sir.. can't see no statistics there.. maybe they appaer while using remote libraries ? a screenshot would be helpful
yeah, you'll only see the icon if you have remote library active.

- this circle on the right. after clicking it you get Sharing Stats:

- page 63 Keyboard Map - you may mention about touch gestures and multi-touch support.
I have no idea about this..any help would be most appreciated..
There are 10 touch gestures. 9 of them represent different screen parts of the Reader you can tap to bring up desired action. I don't know what's the 10th one for.

[Gesture 1 = top-left] [top-center] [top-right]
[middle-left] [middle-center] [middle-right]
[bottom-left] [bottom-center] [bottom-right = Gesture 9]

By default Gesture 1 is assigned to "Previous Page" action, Gesture 3 for "Next page", Gesture 7 for "Previous part" and Gesture 9 for "Next part".

As for multi-touch - you can zoom in/out, move around page, rotate page, and swipe to next/previous page. And:
"Touch Press and Tap" = Toggle Magnifier
"Two finger Tap" = Toggle Navigation Overlay

- page 69 - List Layouts...copying/pasting layouts:
How do we paste layouts ?
In two steps: 1. you copy the Layout of desired List. 2. you go to the other (smart)list and paste copied Layout. You can access copy/paste options in two places: while in Details View right click on the Column and select 'Layouts->Copy'. see the screenshot:

or right click on blank space inside the list to see small context menu:
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO. Reason: images inlined

Re:The ComicRack Manual (2nd edition) 7 years 6 months ago #8427

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
So I /finally/ got around to looking through the manual today (sorry I haven't been around, just started a new job) and I can't add anything to what's already been said. Excellent job and incredibly professional looking! (And I'm flattered to be acknowledged, thanks <3)

Re:The ComicRack Manual (2nd edition) 7 years 6 months ago #8431

• 600WPMPO
Shinrai wrote:
So I /finally/ got around to looking through the manual today (sorry I haven't been around, just started a new job) and I can't add anything to what's already been said. Excellent job and incredibly professional looking! (And I'm flattered to be acknowledged, thanks <3)
Thanks Shinrai & all the best for your new job.. :)

Re:The ComicRack Manual (2nd edition) 7 years 6 months ago #8439

• 600WPMPO
quidam wrote:
just noticed - something about Multiple eComic Information Dialog could be added. ;]

I was just adding the section on Multiple eComic Information Dialog, and am not certain what the 3 different kind of check-boxes in this dialog describe..

Please help..

Re:The ComicRack Manual (2nd edition) 7 years 6 months ago #8440

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
600WPMPO wrote:
I was just adding the section on Multiple eComic Information Dialog, and am not certain what the 3 different kind of check-boxes in this dialog describe..

Please help..

Checkboxes normally mean "yes" (checked) or "no" (unchecked).

Your example shows a third possibility: "maybe"

In the context of the info dialog, I believe "maybe" means:

"Yes for some of the selected comics, and No for others"

So if the info dialog is showing details about only 1 comic, you should never see that third "maybe" state for any of the checkboxes. Every value will be either "yes" or "no".

But if the dialog is showing details about multiple comics, you will see the third state for any checkbox that has different values in each comic.

So if the values for a checkbox are "yes" (checked) for each comic, the check box in the dialog will be "yes", and if they are "no" (unchecked) for each comic, then the check box in the dialog will be "no". But if they are yes for some comics, and no for others, then you get that third "maybe" state.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by cbanack.

Re:The ComicRack Manual (2nd edition) 7 years 6 months ago #8441

• 600WPMPO
cbanack wrote:
Checkboxes normally mean "yes" (checked) or "no" (unchecked).

Your example shows a third possibility: "maybe"

In the context of the info dialog, I believe "maybe" means:

"Yes for some of the selected comics, and No for others"

So if the info dialog is showing details about only 1 comic, you should never see that third "maybe" state for any of the checkboxes. Every value will be either "yes" or "no".

But if the dialog is showing details about multiple comics, you will see the third state for any checkbox that has different values in each comic.

So if the values for a checkbox are "yes" (checked) for each comic, the check box in the dialog will be "yes", and if they are "no" (unchecked) for each comic, then the check box in the dialog will be "no". But if they are yes for some comics, and no for others, then you get that third "maybe" state.

While that appears to be the correct explanation to me, the Multiple eComic Information Dialog differs from it..

Here, I have not filled anything under the Alternate series field of the individual eComics, and it is unchecked. But,I am also getting unchecked boxes for series, publisher, year etc. , while I have them filled properly in all the individual eComics. On the other hand, I have not filled anything in the format, imprints, language, rating etc field and yet they are checked. The indeterminate/maybe boxes are correct as per cbanack's description, but the other two seem to have switched places.

Any explanation.. ?

Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:The ComicRack Manual (2nd edition) 7 years 6 months ago #8442

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
The third 'check' state applies only to 'Option fields' that have Add Item drop-down dialog.
For those:
checked - value is identical in all books (could be empty in all as well)
unchecked - no value will be set
semi/indeterminate - value is different for at least one book. notice that you can add/remove value or if you change the box state to 'checked' you'll overwrite all values.

For other fields (text, yes/no, simple list):
checked - value is identical in all books
unchecked - value is different for at least one book
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by quidam.

Re:The ComicRack Manual (2nd edition) 7 years 6 months ago #8444

• 600WPMPO
thanks quidam. that finally explains it completely !!

Re:The ComicRack Manual (2nd edition) 7 years 6 months ago #8451

• 600WPMPO
I would like all our team's vote here:

Should "Lists" be allotted a separate chapter in the manual ?

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Who's Online

We have 272 guests and 4 members online