Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32 7 years 2 months ago #9815

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.32 is now available. It is identical to Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.31, except that it also includes a fix for issues 142.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.31 is now available. It is identical to Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.30, except that it also includes a fix for issues 138 and (hopefully) 139.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.30 is now available. It is identical to Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.29, except that it also includes a fix for issue 135.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.29 is now available. It is identical to Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28, except that it also includes a fix for issue 134.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 is now available.

This is a large Comic Vine Scraper release, at least by my standards (I can't write code as fast as cYo does!) It addresses bugs 113, 129, and 130. It also includes a bunch of new features: 10, 109, 121, 125, 127, 131, and 133.

New features and changes include:

- while scraping, you can now browse through Comic Vine's alternate covers for any comic book. This should make it easier to be sure that you're scraping the right comic.

- the scraper can now add thumbnail images to fileless comic books. There are two new settings in the settings dialog that let you control this behaviour.

- there is a new setting in the settings dialog to make the scraper ignore previous scrapes (i.e. ignore 'CVDB' tags). You probably won't want to use this all the time, but it can be useful for fixing things when you've accidentally scraped your comics as the wrong series.

- there's also a new setting to make the scraper ask about comics one at a time, even when they are in the same series. That's handy if you're scraping two series with the same name, or if you just like to have hands-on control over every scrape.

- the cancel button has been moved out of the series/issue dialogs and onto the main dialog, where it is always visible. It's also got a 'comic books remaining' countdown now.

- the scraper now handles double-page cover images better, i.e. cover images that show both the front and back covers of a comic. The scraper now displays only the front cover portion of those images, rather than showing you a distorted view of both covers.

- the settings dialog has been reorganized a little. An extra tab has been added to make room for new settings (mentioned above), but none of the previous settings have been removed.

As always, if you find any bugs please report them in the issue tracker (you can log into it with your google/gmail account). If you prefer, you can also post a description of your problem (or any other feedback) in this forum thread.

Enjoy! ;)
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by cbanack.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 7 years 2 months ago #9817

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Ah... the alternate covers thing is huge... what a big help that will be. Thank you.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 7 years 2 months ago #9822

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
cbanack wrote:
This is a large Comic Vine Scraper release...
Definitely yes !! A large and excellent update, giving us..

.. alternate covers..

and fileless thumbnails (where we can choose which alternate cover to scrape)

cbanack wrote:
if comic vine has multiple covers for your comic, you can choose one of the alternative covers in the Issue dialog (see issue 109 ) and the scraper will set the thumbnail using your chosen cover instead of the default one.
So, can anyone stop me from giving our beloved cbanack a +2 karma.... :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 7 years 2 months ago #9829

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
This is simply awesome, man!!!!!!! So many thanks!!!

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 7 years 2 months ago #9837

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
Oooops, I think I found a bug in this version...

While trying to scrape "Zoom Suit" #2, #3, #4, the script reports the correct series (www.comicvine.com/zoom-suit/49-22094/) with only one comic available (ok). I select the series, just in case the issues number is reported wrongly, and the script scrapes my three issues as #1 three times!

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 7 years 2 months ago #9842

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
perezmu wrote:

While trying to scrape "Zoom Suit" #2, #3, #4, the script reports the correct series (www.comicvine.com/zoom-suit/49-22094/) with only one comic available (ok). I select the series, just in case the issues number is reported wrongly, and the script scrapes my three issues as #1 three times!

What are the (exact) names of the three files? I'll try to duplicate the problem on my computer.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 7 years 2 months ago #9843

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
cbanack wrote:
perezmu wrote:
What are the (exact) names of the three files? I'll try to duplicate the problem on my computer.

Easy:

Zoom Suit (2006) #2 (of 4)
Zoom Suit (2006) #3 (of 4)
Zoom Suit (2006) #4 (of 4)

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/9 7 years 2 months ago #9844

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
cbanack wrote:
perezmu wrote:

Wait...nevermind...I found the problem. :)

I've fixed it and released as Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.29. Let me know if it works properly for you now...

BTW, thanks to everyone for the kind words in this thread. I'm very happy that you like the latest Scraper--would you believe over 800 people downloaded it last month? :blink:

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 7 years 2 months ago #9845

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
perezmu wrote:
cbanack wrote:
perezmu wrote:

Easy:

Zoom Suit (2006) #2 (of 4)
Zoom Suit (2006) #3 (of 4)
Zoom Suit (2006) #4 (of 4)

Looks like we posted at the same time. ;) Problem should hopefully be fixed now.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/9 7 years 2 months ago #9846

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
cbanack wrote:
BTW, thanks to everyone for the kind words in this thread. I'm very happy that you like the latest Scraper--would you believe over 800 people downloaded it last month? :blink:

Well, we cannot live without it now!!!! :blush:

Thanks, working like a charm now! That was fast :woohoo:
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Who's Online

We have 178 guests and 4 members online