Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/9 7 years 3 months ago #9847

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
cbanack wrote:

BTW, thanks to everyone for the kind words in this thread. I'm very happy that you like the latest Scraper--would you believe over 800 people downloaded it last month? :blink:[/quote]

800 downloads and only like 10 of us are actively submitting bugs..that's a pretty good satisfaction rating I'd think :silly:

congrats on another stellar release..can't wait to play with it.
The topic has been locked.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/9 7 years 3 months ago #9848

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
But a lot more people are using this script :)

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29 7 years 3 months ago #9849

• gunslinger
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This script is great, I used it for scraping all my comics, I didnt find a single bug :) I only found comicrack a few weeks ago, this script makes it absolutely wonderful.
I have an idea for a feature though: there arent many people submitting ratings on the comicvine page, would it be possible to make the script automatically submit our own ratings to comicvine (after we add our login information to the scraper)?

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29 7 years 3 months ago #9851

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
gunslinger wrote:
This script is great, I used it for scraping all my comics, I didnt find a single bug :) I only found comicrack a few weeks ago, this script makes it absolutely wonderful.
I'm very happy that you like it so much (and I'm also happy that you're not finding any bugs!) :blush:

Though I think ComicRack was still pretty great long before the scraper script came along! :laugh:
I have an idea for a feature though: there arent many people submitting ratings on the comicvine page, would it be possible to make the script automatically submit our own ratings to comicvine (after we add our login information to the scraper)?
This is a good suggestion (and one that I hear often in various forms--basically, people want to be able to upload data to ComicVine as well as download it for their comics.)

Unfortunately, ComicVine just won't let me do that. They only offer an API for downloading their data, and they insist that you use their website if you want to provide any new information (including comic book ratings.)

If they ever change their policy/API about this, I'll have about a hundred new things to add to the scraper! :)

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29 7 years 3 months ago #9852

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Hey cbanack!

Thanks for another update, going to try and break it :)

Cheers,
fK

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29 7 years 3 months ago #9856

And I thought I was going to have a quiet night... this is too awesome not to download and make my custom hacks to! Thanks, Cory!

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29 7 years 3 months ago #9865

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
But along the line of value updates:

Maybe I'm missing something, but some cool feature would be automatic updates of ratings etc. for already scraped comics. So no questioning back and only updating with new values.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29 7 years 3 months ago #9868

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
cYo wrote:
But along the line of value updates:

Maybe I'm missing something, but some cool feature would be automatic updates of ratings etc. for already scraped comics. So no questioning back and only updating with new values.

Well, I think if you just rescrape your comics, this is pretty much what happens? Unless I'm misunderstanding...

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29 7 years 3 months ago #9877

• Taro
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
A really big thanks for your continued work on this great script. This has really amplified my joy in using ComicRack and I'm always looking forward to the new update(s). Thanks a lot and keep up the great work!

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29 7 years 3 months ago #9898

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Would someone with administrator/moderator privileges mind updating the Scraper link on the following page:

comicrack.cyolito.com/user-forum/13-scri...ndex-of-scripts#9507

Right now it links to version 1.0.27 of the scraper, when of course it should link to 1.0.29 (or even better, it could just link directly to the comic vine scraper homepage, and then it won't need to be updated again.)

Thanks!
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by cbanack.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Who's Online

We have 188 guests and 3 members online