Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29/30 7 years 1 month ago #10045

• Taro
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Lately I've been getting an error when trying to open the ComicVine Scraper at code.google.com. Is something wrong with the website? I'd like to download the latest version but can't access the page. :S
The topic has been locked.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29/30 7 years 1 month ago #10046

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Maybe someone should tell the comicvine guys that they messed up their internal proxy/router config as visible at api.comicvine.com/

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29/30 7 years 1 month ago #10050

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
Taro wrote:
Lately I've been getting an error when trying to open the ComicVine Scraper at code.google.com. Is something wrong with the website? I'd like to download the latest version but can't access the page. :S

Are you still having this problem? Just tried it this morning and it seems to be working fine for me.

EDIT: I am talking about being able to download the Comic Vine Scraper program from code.google.com. The Comic Vine API website is still down as of this posting. :dry:
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by cbanack. Reason: clarifying

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29/30 7 years 1 month ago #10052

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
cYo wrote:
Maybe someone should tell the comicvine guys that they messed up their internal proxy/router config as visible at api.comicvine.com/

I just sent a PM to one of the site moderators.

Also, it was reported in their forums last night:

www.comicvine.com/forums/api-developers/...pi-is-down/572712/#5

Feel free to add your own "me too" comments there if you have a comic vine account--it might be good for them to know that people care about the ComicVine API! :)

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29/30 7 years 1 month ago #10054

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Ahh looks like that private message to the ComicVine moderator had the desired effect. I just checked api.comicvine.com and it seems to be working now, so I imagine the scraper is working as usual again. (I can't try it right now, I'm at work.)

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29/30 7 years 1 month ago #10055

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Thanks!

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29/30 7 years 1 month ago #10064

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Beautiful :silly:

Working again, thanks for all of your help... everyone ;)

BTW, as always thanks for this amazing script!

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29/30 7 years 1 month ago #10079

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
pescuma wrote:
Since version 129, when the dialog to type the series name appears the focus goes to the cancel button. So, if you press enter it cancel the processing instead of using the suggested value. Could you please change it so the focus goes to the field with the series name? Thanks.
@pescuma:

I was just looking at making this change today, and I'm embarrassed to say, I can't actually find the problem. No matter how I run the scraper, any time I open the "Search for a Comic Book" dialog (the one where you type the series name), the keyboard focus is always in newly opened dialog, in the field with the series name.

(In other words, if I just start typing when I see that dialog, I will be typing in the series name field. And if I press enter, it will accept the dialog--like clicking OK.)

Pescuma, are you saying that when the "Search for a Comic Book" dialog appears, the keyboard focus is on the cancel button in the other window? :huh:

Also, is anyone else experiencing Pescuma's problem? Any further clarification would be helpful, since it's hard for me to fix this problem if I can't find it! :blush:

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29/30 7 years 1 month ago #10083

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
cbanack wrote:
pescuma wrote:
Since version 129, when the dialog to type the series name appears the focus goes to the cancel button. So, if you press enter it cancel the processing instead of using the suggested value. Could you please change it so the focus goes to the field with the series name? Thanks.
Also, is anyone else experiencing Pescuma's problem? Any further clarification would be helpful, since it's hard for me to fix this problem if I can't find it! :blush:
No sir, everything is fine here. I purposely pressed "Enter" at the "choose series" dialog, and it didn't cancel or anything. Let us see if pescuma re-checks it and finds some more info that helps..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28/29/30 7 years 1 month ago #10084

• pescuma
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
cbanack wrote:
Pescuma, are you saying that when the "Search for a Comic Book" dialog appears, the keyboard focus is on the cancel button in the other window? :huh:
[/quote]

Yes, that is what I'm saying. The focus stays in the window with the comic book cover. Testing here, more than half the time the focus goes to the cancel button. The other half it goes to the edit field. I tested it like this:
1. Selected a comic without info
2. Pressed the star at the toolbar
3. Pressed enter for the 'Start scrapping...'
4. If the field in the 'Search for a comic book' has focus, the text is selected (with blue background). In this case press esc and start again at step 2
If that text is not with a blue background and you press enter, the dialog to cancel appears.

Maybe (I'm guessing here) it has something do do with the order the windows appears on screen.
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Who's Online

We have 244 guests and 4 members online