Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32 7 years 3 weeks ago #10299

I've made all the steps at the code.google.com/p/comic-vine-scraper/ and after restart there was no any sign of this script at all, everything became the same. I did it again twice with maximum attention (i'm drunk a bit lol :side: ) and nothing happened again. But then i've decided to move the script file to the script folder and to install it again, and voila! - everything works. Hope it will helps anyone with the same problem.
The topic has been locked.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32 7 years 3 weeks ago #10308

The script still adds year of issue instead of volume. i know the volumes are not included in ComicVine information about the titles, so maybe there is no need in this feature in the script at this point?
And for unknown reason it adds the Marvel publisher as Marvel Comics, although on ComicVine it's listed simply as Marvel. later i'll check DC's issues for this problem and report.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Kurt_Wagner.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32 7 years 3 weeks ago #10309

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Kurt_Wagner wrote:
The script still adds year of issue instead of volume. i know the volumes are not included in ComicVine information about the titles, so maybe there is no need in this feature in the script at this point?

At the settings you can decide if you want this to be scraped or not.
And for unknown reason it adds the Marvel publisher as Marvel Comics, although on ComicVine it's listed simply as Marvel. later i'll check DC's issues for this problem and report.

There is a file (sorry I cannot remember now the name, but it is self explanatory) at the script directory that contains these replacements... if you don't like any of them, or want to add your own, you can edit it (with notepad, for instance).

Cheers. :woohoo:

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32 7 years 2 weeks ago #10310

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
perezmu wrote:
There is a file (sorry I cannot remember now the name, but it is self explanatory) at the script directory that contains these replacements... if you don't like any of them, or want to add your own, you can edit it (with notepad, for instance).
The file you are thinking of is "publishers.py".

It defines the following "official" names for the major publishers:

Marvel Comics
DC Comics
Dark Horse
Image Comics
Dynamite Entertainment
Devil's Due Publishing

When the scraper runs into "variants" of these names, it will convert the variant name into the "official" name, that way you don't end up with some of your comics scraped as "Marvel" and some as "Marvel Publishing" and some as "Marvel Comics", etc.

However, a quick look through the Comic Vine database suggests that ComicVine no longer has "variant" names (i.e. now there's only one name allowed for each publisher) so this feature might not be needed anymore. I'll look into it closer for a future release of the Scraper

(I haven't been working on it much this week, due to Civ 5 being released. :dry: )

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32 7 years 2 weeks ago #10311

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
(I haven't been working on it much this week, due to Civ 5 being released. :dry: )

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32 7 years 2 weeks ago #10314

perezmu wrote:
Civ 5 being released.

HOLY SHIELD! i've totally forgot about that! >_<
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Kurt_Wagner.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32 7 years 1 week ago #10528

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
A request for cbanack:

Now that we have the catalog tab, can we get the "Price" field also in the scraper ?
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32 7 years 1 week ago #10536

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
Is "price" even available on ComicVine? I took a quick look at the API and some recently added comic books, and I couldn't see any price information anywhere...?

Give me an example to look at, and I'll see what I can do. :)

Accidentally Scrapped the Wrong Comic Book Info - How to Fix? 7 years 2 days ago #10624

• loveit
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi guys, the scraper chose the wrong series and book info for some books, and I have been having trouble getting it to scrape the right series.

Basically, if I rescrape, it just completes the same data from before.

I already have "Confirm each series name before searching for it" enabled

I've also tried deleting all the "info" date for the comic to trigger a reset, but it will still auto complete.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.28 - 1.0.32 7 years 2 days ago #10625

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
loveit wrote:
Hi guys, the scraper chose the wrong series and book info for some books, and I have been having trouble getting it to scrape the right series.

Basically, if I rescrape, it just completes the same data from before.

I already have "Confirm each series name before searching for it" enabled

I've also tried deleting all the "info" date for the comic to trigger a reset, but it will still auto complete.
ComicRack manual - 3rd (revised) edition - page 77
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Who's Online

We have 174 guests and 7 members online