Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: ComicRack on Android

ComicRack on Android 6 years 1 month ago #16355

  • 600WPMPO
  • 600WPMPO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3788
  • Thank you received: 557
  • Karma: 232
forkicks wrote:
As posted above, the usb ports are on the docking station, not the tablet itself. A real shame in my eyes.
Well, actually i don't mind this. Whenever I'll need the USB port, it will be just a dock away.
haywire wrote:
If you are looking to buy next summer though, there'll most definitely be something better by then.
I bought a MacBook Pro this summer! B)

So, basically, I'm a poor guy now, and will have to wait till next summer for the gadget-dedicated money to accumulate..:whistle:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack on Android 6 years 1 month ago #16356

  • unitprime
  • unitprime's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Agree on the Transformer - At this time there is not a tablet that can equal it. I am in the process of modding the kb base to use a 128gb ssd. I'm choosing an ssd simply because of the low power requirement for it. As far as reading while connected - great for books but not graphic novels / comics. There are some ultra small hd/ssd devices out that may be able to be adapted to fit into the tablet portion. There are some mini-PCIe devices in the 64gb to 80gb range (like the Intel SSD 310) that would work well as well as some ultra-small >2" HDs in the 160gb-220gb range (most notably the Toshiba drives) Both of these approaches would yield a significant amount of storage
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack on Android 6 years 1 month ago #16357

  • Tension113
  • Tension113's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 49
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
casketizer wrote:
I would be interested to know which android comicreader those of you who already got a tablet use. I use pview aka Perfect viewer.

I'm not really thrilled with any of them, but I like Komik the best.. I think it has the nicest display of the library and you can set your own thumbnails for the folders.. but it needs better sorting options and the zooming is a bit sluggish.. It seems like the author is pretty good with the updates and requests though..

The three I've been playing with the most are Perfect Viewer, Komik, and ComiCat.. Although half the time I just go back to reading my books on the Ipad until ComicRack comes along.. :) I also checked out Mobi, but didn't like the looks of that one at all..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack on Android 6 years 1 month ago #16359

  • bbutlerau
  • bbutlerau's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
The features that got me were the ips display and the international warranty. I got mine when i was in the states on holiday. Sooo much cheaper than here in Australia! Got the 16GB version + dock for around US$550 compared to here where it is AU$700 (US$750)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack on Android 6 years 1 month ago #16361

  • casketizer
  • casketizer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 36
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
Tension113 wrote:
casketizer wrote:
I would be interested to know which android comicreader those of you who already got a tablet use. I use pview aka Perfect viewer.

I'm not really thrilled with any of them, but I like Komik the best.. I think it has the nicest display of the library and you can set your own thumbnails for the folders.. but it needs better sorting options and the zooming is a bit sluggish.. It seems like the author is pretty good with the updates and requests though..

The three I've been playing with the most are Perfect Viewer, Komik, and ComiCat.. Although half the time I just go back to reading my books on the Ipad until ComicRack comes along.. :) I also checked out Mobi, but didn't like the looks of that one at all..
Komik is only for Honeycomb, or? Don't see it on my Gingerbread GTab's market. I always come back to Pview...After a lot of tweaking it is quite useable.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack on Android 6 years 1 month ago #16365

  • Tension113
  • Tension113's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 49
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
Oh I guess it is Honeycomb only.. Kinda new to the tablet android thing, I was thinking all android tablets are Honeycomb..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack on Android 6 years 1 month ago #16367

  • haywire
  • haywire's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 28
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
I've used both perfect viewer and komik. Komik looks great on the tab, but there are 2 things that slightly annoy me:
1. Book stacking. I tend to throw stuff from the comic rack organized folders right to the tablet. Sometimesthis is an entire folder or just a few single issues. Only folders stack, and then the single issues must float.
2. Swiping. Annoying. Too much movement required. Imuch prefer the single page clicks in perfect viewer. Touchscreens are great, but komik has overdone it for simple reading...i don'tlike swkping to keep advancing pages.

So my vote isstill for perfect viewer. For now...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack on Android 6 years 1 month ago #16368

  • Drybonz
  • Drybonz's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 296
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 9
600WPMPO wrote:
forkicks wrote:
As posted above, the usb ports are on the docking station, not the tablet itself. A real shame in my eyes.
Well, actually i don't mind this. Whenever I'll need the USB port, it will be just a dock away.

There is a MicroSD to USB adapter for the tablet as well.

By next summer there will be a bunch of new stuff out anyway.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Drybonz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack on Android 6 years 3 weeks ago #16518

  • cbanack
  • cbanack's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1318
  • Thank you received: 503
  • Karma: 181
haywire wrote:
2. Swiping. Annoying. Too much movement required. Imuch prefer the single page clicks in perfect viewer. Touchscreens are great, but komik has overdone it for simple reading...i don'tlike swkping to keep advancing pages.

Actually, they updated Komik recently, and you can swipe or tap now.

At least for now, Komik is my portable reader app of choice (Motorola Xoom w/ Honeycomb)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack on Android 6 years 3 weeks ago #16519

  • lanzajr26
  • lanzajr26's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 165
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 2
cbanack wrote:
haywire wrote:
2. Swiping. Annoying. Too much movement required. Imuch prefer the single page clicks in perfect viewer. Touchscreens are great, but komik has overdone it for simple reading...i don'tlike swkping to keep advancing pages.

Actually, they updated Komik recently, and you can swipe or tap now.

At least for now, Komik is my portable reader app of choice (Motorola Xoom w/ Honeycomb)

Agreed! I picked up an Acer Iconia Tab last week and so far I prefer Komic over the other readers discussed here. Runs fast and the tap to page turn is much nicer than swiping.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Who's Online

We have 210 guests and one member online