Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: Adroid App - Amazon?

Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 2 months ago #17334

• Jtalbot
  • Fresh Boarder
I love the app and it runs great on my xoom, was curious though if there will be anyway this app will be on amazon appstore? I just have funds there for app purchases already...

Love the app though.

Jonathon
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 1 month ago #17379

• weeji
  • Fresh Boarder
I second this request. I'm not sure how difficult it is to get things into that market, but my tablet does not have the ability to purchase apps from the standard Android market, but it does have the ability to do it from the Amazon App Store.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 1 month ago #17393

• bugger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I've heard a couple stores the dealing with the amazon app store is a nightmare, with updates being hard to maintain on two markets and amazon arbitrarily giving away your pain version for free. Most devices have the amazon app store can already sideload apps, t so CYO woul be better off just posting the free version on this website for people who don't have the android market.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 1 month ago #17771

• belgorm
  • Fresh Boarder
I am thinking that people want the app on the Amazon market so they can install it on the kindle fire.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 1 month ago #17790

Given the explosion of Kindle Fires out there once it launches mid November, cYo would benefit if he publishes his app on Amazon Market. However if Amazon runs a promo on ComicRack, he would get thousands of users to support with very little revenue per user. Amazon Market is awesome for ad-supported apps, not cool for paid apps that get lots of support feedback per user.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 1 month ago #17791

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Can you sideload apps on the kindle?

I have very mixed feelings about the Amazon store. Another derivation of Android (and this time not even supported by Google).

And we all heard the stories of developers entering and then shortly after leaving the market again (for various reasons - free app promotion without compensation, app approval etc.).

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 1 month ago #17792

It is unknown but chances are with its completely forked and reworked Android and the general policy to protect the Amazon ecosystem, sideloading will be impossible unless XDA manage to root (I suspect a signed bootloader however) and rom real Android on it. Few folks will end up doing this. Your only way on Kindle Fire will be Amazon Marketplace.

Because of how Marketplace works (Amazon decides your app's real price, they can run a promo day with your app and you earn nothing but 100,000-150,000 demanding users to support), the only way ComicRack would make money would be with ad-supported version released for free as the more users, the more profit there is from ads. It will look cheap and will alienate some people but that's how you won't end up being fucked by Amazon's minimum-margin market strategy. Your other option is to have ad-removal via in-app purchase, but I do not know how Amazon handles IAP right now. Anyway, with IAP unlock at least they won't promo your IAP code.

Considering Kindle Fire is stuck at 2.1 and may have unknown for the moment modifications over stock Android, porting ComicRack may be a bag of hurt. However, with Kindle Fire being a major player on the tablet market, you cannot disregard it IMHO.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 1 month ago #17794

• belgorm
  • Fresh Boarder
All of the above leads me to believe that we will not see it on the Kindle Fire BUT i do believe that a lot of manufacturers will have to create hardware equal to the Fire and they will have the regular Android marketplace on there.
I guess we will all have to hold off on buying until the market settles again.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 1 month ago #17849

• Jtalbot
  • Fresh Boarder
I would even settle for a amazon seller that would sell keycodes for activation of the google market app.

The reason being while i have the Xoom, I have plenty of credits in amazon and would rather not tie to the google markplace with my credit card, and i so want to buy the full version.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 1 month ago #17850

Good idea however I assume Amazon has provisions against such use of their system in their Developer Policy.
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds

Who's Online

We have 240 guests and 3 members online