Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: Adroid App - Amazon?

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 11 months ago #18323

• onslaught
  • Junior Boarder
Thats weird, I actually have it running perfectly on mine. I had that problem when I tried to install the gmail app on it, or google music app. They obviously didnt work, all I could get was the main menu. However, comic rack is perfect on this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 11 months ago #18324

• onslaught
  • Junior Boarder
XDA and Kindlefirewire has videos of how to root the Kindle fire and they finally got market place fully working!!! So yeah there are options for the full version!

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 11 months ago #18325

• donspace
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
cYo wrote:
On a side note, as long as cYo brought 'em up, I highly recommend the boys at Shifty Jelly if you're in the market for a a pod casting app on any Android-able device. Look up Pocket Cast on the Android Market. Don't bother with the Amazon Appstore ... as you may have guessed if you've checked the link.

D
Java devil, you are now my bitch.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 11 months ago #18350

• MilkmanWes
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Followed steps earlier in thread for installing on my new KF and it worked great. Quick and painless. Thanks Guy!

The version i packed on my phone was paid version, it is operating as unpaid on my kf apparently (about screen has Buy button) Since I have supported the author by buying I do not feel bad that I cannot pay again ;) but it would be nice to get the functionality. If there is a way to toggle this I would love to know, but if using it 'off label' means that this is just part of the deal then I can deal with it.

I connected to my pc via usb and the pc version discovered the KF and did synch. In the synch moved comic files over to the KF, but my reading status on some books was not transfered. When the KF is connected to the PC you can only view a partition of the kindles storage that is 5 GB. I cannot find the actual app files anywhere when looking at the KF via my pc so I presume that the reading status is stored in this unseen part and since it is unseen by the pc app it cannot perform that part of the synch. Does this theory hold water?

So if I could synch wirelessly maybe this limitation could be overcome.

I am not done fiddling with this, I will keep you updated.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 11 months ago #18351

• flips
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
There is a donate button on the homepage is you want to pay more...

Did you root, then install market? Which directions did you follow?
flips

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 11 months ago #18358

• onslaught
  • Junior Boarder
www.kindlefirewire.com/2011/11/17/how-to...rket-on-kindle-fire/

Solution to the Market Place Problem. This requires you to root the Kindle, you can find this information on the same website.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 11 months ago #18361

• belgorm
  • Fresh Boarder
onslaught wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm new on here, but love Comicrack! I used this website to load the app onto the kindle. It works great.

blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-sideload-apps-on-the-kindle-fire

It mentions to use getjar, but I did not do it this way.

I used the combination at the end of the artile. Here is how I did it...

1.) Used Astro Manager on my phone (HTC Inspire) to create a backup of Comicrack (Free). This gives you the .apk file.

2) I saved the .apk file onto my computer and then conected my Kindle Fire to the computer using a USB cord that came with my phone.

3) Then Using ES File Manager (Free) I installed the app onto my Kindle Fire.

It works perfectly! This was the free app though, will this work the same way for the Paid version, cause I would rather get that version?

Yip this worked perfectly for me.

The Kindlefirewire.com version needs you to install the android 2.3 dev kit, so its not as friendly as installing the free version.

im sure it wont be long until they have an "idiots version" just for me :)

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 11 months ago #18368

• MilkmanWes
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It was the ones by onslaught that I used, took seconds to do. And with es file browser allowing me to browse file shares on my pc and grap the apk file that way it was even easier than he described

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 11 months ago #18405

• quantum
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo wrote:
Nope.

The paid version is linked to the Android Market (which is not available on the Kindle). I would have to make a Amazon Market version. Which is currently very unlikely.

bithack.se/news/apparatus-amazon-july-4-2011.html

It's your decision, but I find it bizarre. You might as well look for book authors who don't like the Kindle, and use that as justification that publishing on the Kindle stinks. Or find people who don't like UPS, so never use them to ship.

The Kindle Fire is predicted to sell millions just in the first few months. Some have suggested 5 million. Amazon can do it. All of these have Amazon Market.

And one other thing, I'm ordering my Kindle Fire tomorrow. Whatever comic reading I'll be doing will be on the Fire, one way or another.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by quantum.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 11 months ago #18409

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
At the risk of putting words in cYo's mouth, it's the same sort of reason he doesn't want to develop for iOS - the market operator makes it a poor experience for him. Specifically with Amazon, it looks like pushing updates can take WEEKS, which can leave your users stuck with bugs and just makes YOU look like a bad developer (because, hey, how are your end users supposed to know it's Amazon's fault?) There have been multiple updates and same day bugfixes to CRA, but you won't see them through the Amazon Market for any app ever.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Shinrai.
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds

Who's Online

We have 212 guests and 6 members online