Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: Adroid App - Amazon?

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 3 weeks ago #18454

• onslaught
  • Junior Boarder
I followed the tutorial's over at Kindlefirewire.com in order to root my Kindle. I was then able to install the google market along with the full version of Comicrack. It works great, with all the functionality expected.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 3 weeks ago #18462

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Good to hear :)

It is a forked 2.1 though, so I guess pinch-zoom is not working...

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 3 weeks ago #18463

• onslaught
  • Junior Boarder
Everything works actually! Its perfect

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 6 days ago #19029

• Richard
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
onslaught wrote:
1.) Used Astro Manager on my phone (HTC Inspire) to create a backup of Comicrack (Free). This gives you the .apk file.

Is there a reason the APK hasn't been made available to us directly? Doing this step is simple but without cYo making the APK available directly I don't feel like I've got his blessing. And without his blessing I don't want to move forward with doing it.

Or maybe it has been made available. I did a quick search and besides finding these few threads I didn't find the APK itself.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 6 days ago #19030

• cYo
I think you can get it here

www.getjar.com

This is some mirror of the market that makes the apks available. I did not use it myself.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 6 years 6 days ago #19032

• Richard
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
cYo wrote:
I think you can get it here

www.getjar.com

This is some mirror of the market that makes the apks available. I did not use it myself.

Awesome. That was the blessing I was looking for.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 8 months ago #21624

• jwbaynham
  • Fresh Boarder
So I understand your reluctance to have to develop for two distributors. I think that you might be missing out on the chance to become the number 1 comics app in the Amazon app store though. Just my 2 cents. You've got an amazing product and I would love to give you money for it if you make it available on Kindle. I know I"m not alone in this.

I wanted to report that Comicrack for Android on the Kindle Fire acts a little strangely. If you hit the "next section" button it will randomly jump 3 or four comics ahead. Also, the bottom page selection seems to be broken. When you select a page it will randomly jump so some other page in your list. Very frustrating so I've had to stop using it for now. Again I would love to give you money so please consider developing for the Kindle Fire.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by jwbaynham.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 8 months ago #21625

• cYo
Thanks for the praise :)

The problems you have are because you're using one of the "hacked" full versions. Try to use the free one.

Regarding Amazon Market I've the following problems:
* US only (I can not even get a Fire to test the product)
* No fixed price point as amazon changes the price of the product as they like. I want to be in control of how much I charge and not be dependent on some estimates of a mega corp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jwbaynham

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 8 months ago #21631

• jwbaynham
  • Fresh Boarder
Well I've purchased the full version on the Android Market and it works fine on my phone. I don't have a rooted phone or a rooted Kindle so I can't copy the full .apk from one device to the other. I would buy it from you directly if you offered the full version on your site that we could side load into the Kindle. I'm willing to pay for the app again if it would make it worth your while to develop a version for the Kindle or release a full apk.

Re: Adroid App - Amazon? 5 years 8 months ago #21654

• sykoone
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Since one of your concerns is Amazon's pricing policy, would you be willing to consider putting just the free version on the Amazon Market, so that Fire users can at least get CR on the device without having to jump through hoops to sideload.

For what it's worth, CR works wonderfully on the Fire. I've been using it for several days now, and am quite pleased with it. The only problem with it is the inability to autoupdate, hence my request.
Time to create page: 0.551 seconds

Who's Online

We have 220 guests and 2 members online