Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SD-Card

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 3 weeks ago #18417

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
With content i mean any subfolders.

ComicRack has only two rules when browsing selecting folders
* Hidden folders (starting with .) are not displayed
* Read only folders can not be selected

So it seems to me that you /mnt/scard2 and any subfolders are not writable. Can you check this with a file manager for me?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 3 weeks ago #18418

• ScarrJaw
  • Fresh Boarder
So i checked and /mnt/sdcard is accessable but not /mnt/sdcard2 :( they seem to have the same permissions
d---rwxr-x :angry:
if this helps at all

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 3 weeks ago #18419

• ScarrJaw
  • Fresh Boarder
went 3 dirs deep no select just lets me browse no okay no create

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 3 weeks ago #18420

• cYo
so they have both the same permissions?
You can browse into /mnt/sdcard and click ok.
You can also browse into /mnt/sdcard2 but ok is disabled, correct?
You are also unable to create new folders in /mnt/sdcard2 or any subfolder in it?
Last Edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by cYo.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 3 weeks ago #18421

• cYo

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 3 weeks ago #18422

• cYo
So what this comes down to, is that even with a file manager you're not able to delete/create files on your external sdcard. ComicRack needs write access, so there is some inherent problem.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 3 weeks ago #18423

• cYo
And some more details:

blogs.computerworld.com/18692/android_32_upgrade

seems that google did IMHO something crazy.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 3 weeks ago #18424

• cYo
code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=18559

So it seems write access for applications to the external sdcard is gone for future honeycomb+ systems (if the manufacturer does not implement his own solution - like it seems to be the case with my Acer A500).

So just think about this for a moment: Google decided, that it is no longer possible to write data back to an external storage (except the limited media APIs for photos - but even then it is write only it seems).

Of course, not like other comic readers, ComicRack needs write access to communicate any reading state/info updates back to the PC. And to add insult to injury, Wifi sync can not write the received eComic files to the external storage.

Thank you Google.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 3 weeks ago #18425

• ScarrJaw
  • Fresh Boarder
Anyway you can just have comicrack write its index/tables on the tablet side and then the only way youll have wifi is if owners write to their internal memory with wifi. i know it sucks but at least it can be an option to turn on if there is no choice :( I personally just use sd and not wifi. It IS lame tho unable to write i bet they made it that way so not so many sdcards would be corrupted when they are unceremoniously removed while the os is writing to them.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 2 weeks ago #18679

• Nuclear
  • Fresh Boarder
while reading all of this i still dont see the answer i need is there going to be a way to use the sdcard 2 or not i really need some kind of answer or some kind of help
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Who's Online

We have 251 guests and 2 members online