Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SD-Card

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SD-Card 6 years 2 weeks ago #18757

• Bob
  • Expert Boarder
I hope what you are trying fixes it. One thing to note though, the Motorola Xoom can't (currently) write to the external SD card, only read it. Stupid I know. Knowing that, and suspecting that CR needs to write to the cbz files to change 'read' & 'unread', I put all my files on the internal card (and moved all my music and movies to the external).

[Oh dear. I just realized I posted to this thread after only reading the first page, not all 4. But so that I can add something useful here to the poster immediately before me - it looks like, hopefully, maybe, when the Xoom is updated to the next Android version, Ice Cream Sandwich, we should be able to have write access to the external card.]
Last Edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Bob.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SD-Card 6 years 2 weeks ago #18811

• Nuclear
  • Fresh Boarder
when i posted that i was kinda heated its not anyones fault in this place. Its that damn new update it blows my mind that they did that. I had just bought comic rack you know so now because of the style of tablet i have which is its a 8gb Toshiba thrive with a full size sd card slot. I cant use comic rack because i cant select my sdcard 2 folder or whatever. Or atleast i havent found a way to.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SD-Card 6 years 1 week ago #18868

Maybe i'm mistaken, but It seems to me the threads you found are stating google changed the groups/user/api's that have access to read/write on the ext sd card and app developers will need to switch to this new way of doing it.
I have noticed some file managers no longer work however found an updated one 'File expert' that works great. I don't know where to find the answers on how but it seems to me google has provided the answer according to the info posted.
Very disappointed. I returned my Kindle Fire for a Honeycomb tab because I was tired of having to hack around the Fire's lack of app support (sideloaded comic rack just fine). I am starting to regret the choice.
Adding files to the internal storage on my Samsung Galaxy Tab is awful and you must use their proprietary software Kies to do it. Much easier to use an SD Card.

Comicrack is by far the best there is. I was just about to buy the full version but unfortunately this is a deal breaker. I hope a solution is found.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Freetime000.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SD-Card 6 years 1 week ago #18888

• wilhelm
  • Fresh Boarder
Problem solved...
After an update of my Xoom-software today (2011-dec-03)....
All the problems with ComicRack are resolved...
I can read and write to my external SD-Card...
so... I can use ComicRack to the full....
great programm by the way...
the best comic-reader.

Thank you for all your kind and useful reactions...

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 1 week ago #18889

• wilhelm
  • Fresh Boarder
Problem solved...
After an update of my Xoom-software today (2011-dec-03)....
All the problems with ComicRack are resolved...
I can read and write to my external SD-Card...
so... I can use ComicRack to the full....
great programm by the way...
the best comic-reader.

Thank you for all your kind and useful reactions...

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 1 week ago #19072

• Bob
  • Expert Boarder
You can write to the external card now? What was the update/how did you get it?

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 1 week ago #19084

• wilhelm
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a Xoom Motorola.
Just checked for a system-update.
The system-update was installed and the problem with my external SD-Card were resolved.
I can now read en write to my external SD-Card.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 1 week ago #19116

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
A final comment to this issue.

I seems that the initial Xoom 3.2 update did mess up writing to sdcard (and for all dervived roms , e.g. thrive). This seems to be fixed now.

There is no API to write to sdcards other then by read/write files. There is a special api to store photos etc. to the sdcard throuch the media API but this one is not general purpose (for all file types).

But it seems now everything is working out. It makes absolutelty no sense to design a system where you can read from an external storage through file APIs and but have to write to it with none file APIs.

BTW, most of the tablets (like Transformer or Picasa) always worked, even with 3.2. So this was a very model specific problem.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 4 days ago #19232

• ScarrJaw
  • Fresh Boarder
Sadly the issue is still part of the Toshiba Thrive, So its Comica use until either side of the issue is fixed- or copy current issues im reading to the internal mem - sort of a pain in the ass though.

Re: Can not click "OK" when Comicrack is reading my external SC-Card 6 years 4 days ago #19238

• Nuclear
  • Fresh Boarder
yea im at that same point to but i cant transfer mine i have the 8gig version because i wanted to use a sd card so im kinda screwed until toshiba does something
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Who's Online

We have 231 guests and 2 members online