Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: Why Rename to CBP

Why Rename to CBP 5 years 10 months ago #18545

• comicste
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
When synching to a device the cbz and cbr files are (i assume) re-zipped and renamed to cbp files, is there any reason for the cbp extension?
Sign up with Copy with this referal link and we both get an additional 5gb of cloud storage.

https://copy.com?r=ZNrODJ
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Why Rename to CBP 5 years 10 months ago #18546

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
So CRA knows which files it has full control over when synching (can be deleted etc.). Additionally I want to be able to change/extend this format (adding thumbnails, 3d covers whatever) without having to think of other programs.
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by cYo.

Re: Why Rename to CBP 5 years 7 months ago #20448

I just registered to ask something about the .cbp files. I don't have 1.54, because I've been using Perfect Viewer. The fact that every single comic is duplicated makes it hard to find what's relevant in the folder. Is this fixed or changed at all in the newest release? Can the files be moved somewhere else? I have 3gb of space used by these files and if they don't need to be there, I don't want them. Even if they could be moved somewhere else, would be better. I'm not here to compare apps, but Perfect Viewer doesn't double the used space. If they do, it's somewhere I don't know about. I only just came across Comic Rack and think it sounds great. I really like the syncing ability of Comic Rack and the Windows-side tools, but it's aggravating looking at the mess of files with my OCD..

Thank you

Re: Why Rename to CBP 5 years 7 months ago #20449

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
What do you mean by doubling space? Each cbp is only stored once.

Re: Why Rename to CBP 5 years 7 months ago #20452

I was typing a long response with a play-by-play of what we did between the phone & the laptop and I think I understand what happened.

I think that when we (roommate's phone) tried to wifi sync to the laptop, it tried to sync all of the comics on the laptop, despite some of them already being on the SdCard. Instead of overwriting them, it just went ahead and added them as if they were new. Which is why I was seeing my entire comic library in cbp format, despite them being cbr on the SdCard. Does that make sense?

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the entire thing..but looking at the folder contents, I was thinking "omg what is all of this?" Knowing this, makes me think the app is for me..I just need to RTFM sometimes. Knowledge is amazing that way lol..:whistle:

..sorry..
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by bluskyline21. Reason: misspelling

Re: Why Rename to CBP 3 years 9 months ago #37695

Hi Cyo,

I'm seeing scenario as well and could really use some more clarification. I've manually loaded about 50 Gb worth of Comics onto my tablet (a Kindle Fire HDX), and am trying to sync the reading Lists I've created in Windows.

After running a sync, I can see hundreds of new CBP files in my /Comics folder, taking up additional space - theoretically, to a total of 100 Gb. Another problem is that I don't have that much space, so not all of my comics even got synced.

I'm running the Free version, because after a lot of frustrating attempts to install the Full Version, realized that I can't get past the Android Marketplace License failure. (On a separate note, are you still firmly not going to be working with the Amazon marketplace? Wondering if that has changed, I'm just really disappointed to realize I won't be able to sync more than 100 Books - I've got some extensive reading lists).

Thanks for any clarification, I love this software and have donated equivalently, I would just really love to be able to use it efficiently on my Kindle Fire!

Why Rename to CBP 1 year 2 weeks ago #46108

• Reason
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It creates a CBP file and a XML file on my system. Is that the correct procedure?
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Who's Online

We have 266 guests and 5 members online