Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Solved] Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA

[Solved] Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 10 months ago #19334

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
Hey cYo

Ever since i updated CRW to the latest 149 version, i can no longer start the wifi sync from the android device. It always shows the icon for the sync, then stays stuck at 0%. On the windows side, after a little while, it will show the red !, and the error shown is "Error during read".

From that moment on, i can no longer start any sync from CRA. It never does anything.

If i go to CRW, and press File->Synchronize Devices it will go past 0%, then proceed to sync normally, and in the end CRA will scan the comics and show up as usual. The sync icon will then disappear from CRA. During this operation, the progress bar will update properly in CRA.

In CRW, i get the following errors after the operation:
"AT100 Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
"AT100 Failed to read Image 0"
"AT100 Failed to read Image 22"
"AT100 Buffer cannot be null. Parameter name: buffer"

Now, it would help greatly if i could know what files are mentioned there. Also, i always had those errors show up after a sync operation before 149. They are more or less "normal" for me at this moment. Its just that the last version somehow treats something differently regarding this and blocks the operation when started from CRA.

I'm sync'ing to a Toshiba AT100, to a 32GB SD card. Its around 3300 comics. The only differences each time i sync are around 10/20 issues.

fK
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by forkicks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 10 months ago #19336

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
I'll look into it.

Try to clear the comic folder on the android device and sync again. It seems there are some corrupt files in the folder.

Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 10 months ago #19337

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
I cleared the sd and i just started the sync from CRA. It started without problem (obviously, its empty now). This is going to take a (very long) while.

I'll post back.

fK

Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 10 months ago #19354

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
This took quite a while.

After the initial sync (which worked fine), the same behaviour happens again. I can not start a sync from CRA, always get "Error during read". All symptoms and work-arounds are as described above (if i start it from CRW, it works).

I still get the same error messages too (i am sync'ing the same main group of files).

I -know- there are some bad files in the middle of that batch, but i can't pinpoint them, and in any case, those files shouldn't prevent CRA from sync'ing anyway, imho.

fK

Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 10 months ago #19358

• cYo
hm.

It should not be possible to sync corrupt comics as they are converted to cbp.
Is it only wifi, or does the sync work with usb?
When and where do you get these messages in CRW?

CRA is still very light on diagnostic info I've to confess.

UPDATE: It seems to fail during conversion. I try to fix this case. If I find a solution you can expect an update tomorrow.
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by cYo.

Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 10 months ago #19372

• Shogun
  • Junior Boarder
Not sure if its related butIve also been having trouble wifi syncing lately. It started after one of the updates. Sometimes the sync fails (gets stuck) and i get "error during read" and some other messages. I have to retry to get it to work.
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Shogun.

Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 10 months ago #19382

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
I get the "Error during read" before the program starts compressing/sending to the android device. I believe its still in the file list generation phase. The indicator is still at 0% when it happens. When i start the sync through Wifi, by selecting Wifi Sync in the Android, i always get the "Error during read" and i can not get it to do any sync starting from the android at all. It will always stay stuck, and the notification will not hide again and always show an empty progress bar. [Edit: the "Error during sync" message appears in the windows side, on the error dialog. The android side says nothing at all]

The only workaround i found at this point is to start the sync from CRW. Then it will start, give the other conversion errors, but it finishes. When doing this, the notification on the android will correctly update and disappear when the operation finishes.

The other errors happen during conversion (when the % value is somewhere 30%-ish, then it other values above that). They show up in the dialog box that shows up when you double click the small moving icon in the status bar at the bottom of CRW, when it's showing a red "!" (indicating an error). By the way, its -that- dialog in CRW that should say what files are affected.

I still haven't tested the USB sync.

fK
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by forkicks.

Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 10 months ago #19386

• cYo
Regarding the conversion error: You have some bad comics in your library. I'll add comics information to the error.

I can not explain why there's an error during read (at 0%). I can not explain why it happens only when you initiate from the Android device. Maybe the 0% error is a follow up to the conversion errors during the first sync to an empty device...

But there bugs/anomalies are in CRW and not in CRA.

The only problem CRA has, is that if the host side does not finish the sync, the notification does not time out and vanish but stays forever.

Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 10 months ago #19387

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, i understand that.

I posted this under CRA because it only becomes apparent when using both versions.

Thanks for looking into this.
fK

Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 9 months ago #19477

• cYo
From my understanding, the sync does not fail with the "can not read page" and "object reference null" errors.

The "error during read" fails the sync. It is shown after the progress box on the android device is shown. Have read comics already been removed or reading states already moved to the desktop?

And the "error during read" only happens when initiating from the device.

When does the "parameter null" error happen and does it stop the sync?
Does the same behavior happen with usb?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Who's Online

We have 215 guests and 9 members online