Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Solved] Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA

Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 9 months ago #19479

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
cYo wrote:
From my understanding, the sync does not fail with the "can not read page" and "object reference null" errors.

Exactly.
cYo wrote:
The "error during read" fails the sync. It is shown after the progress box on the android device is shown. Have read comics already been removed or reading states already moved to the desktop?

It is shown on the desktop after the android device progress bar appears, yes. Nothing has been moved yet.
cYo wrote:
And the "error during read" only happens when initiating from the device.

Right.
cYo wrote:
When does the "parameter null" error happen and does it stop the sync?
Does the same behavior happen with usb?

The "Buffer cannot be null. Parameter name: buffer" appears when doing the sync starting either way. It does not stop the sync.

Please note that i have not yet tried to sync after .38 update. I am at work, will only be able to test that later today.

fK
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 9 months ago #19480

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
Same behaviour on .38.

Syncing through usb works fine but it is only started from windows, right? There is no way to start a sync through usb from the android, is there?

Would it help if i installed the android sdk you mentioned on another thread? Is comicrack giving any debug info through the log? I could set it up pretty quickly if needed.

fK

[EDIT: Actually there is something different. I got the "Error during read" when starting from windows once too. But trying it again worked. From the android side, it simply ignores the retries]
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by forkicks.

[Solved] Re: Wifi sync fails since i updated CRW to .149, if started from CRA 5 years 9 months ago #19837

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
I got this to work. Somehow, the pairing information was lost. I decided to start from scratch (yet again) and did the whole empty library on CRA, connect usb cable, unpair device / pair device again, and i can now start the wifi sync from CRA.

Its weird that CRW could do the wifi sync without a problem even with bad pairing information, but CRA couldn't.

After pairing it again, its working.

Thank you for your time,
fK
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Who's Online

We have 198 guests and 7 members online