Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: License Check Problems

License Check Problems 5 years 7 months ago #22811

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
In the market some people are complaining about none working license checks. So I try to get some feedback here.

Do you have problems with the license check and if yes, how often?
Does the device work offline if the check passed once?

Please also state if there are problems if there's something special with your device (custom rom) etc.

Just to make it clear, I implemented the standard and very relaxed version that Google provided.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: License Check Problems 5 years 7 months ago #22880

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
No problems with Licences... only updates :-)

Re: License Check Problems 5 years 7 months ago #22939

• tahngarth
  • Fresh Boarder
I saw it a couple days ago after a Titanium Backup restore. Reinstalling the app fixed it.

Just now I went into airplane mode and I got the the licensing issue (it was working prior to that). After turning off airplane mode and waiting for the data connection to come back, I still got the error. I waited a minute and it started working again.

T-Mobile Vibrant (Galaxy S). Rom is IC Zen, an AOKP derivative.

Re: License Check Problems 5 years 6 months ago #22985

• Trask
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Cyo,

I had the check done ages ago when I first installed CRA. Unfortunately it's asked me to validate again, and as I'm behind a proxy with authentication now for the next 3 months at least, I can't use CRA anymore. Which is really upsetting lol.

If only you were able to put proxy authentication credentials into android.

Is there any way to make CRA use CRW's internet connection to validate? I'm guessing not if the market is involved.

Cheers

Re: License Check Problems 5 years 6 months ago #23011

• Der Internet
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
works like a charm for me

Re: License Check Problems 5 years 6 months ago #23102

I have a Galaxy Tab 8.9" out of the box, no custom ROM (standard android 3.2). I have it in airplane mode 99% of the time (to save battery). Whenever the licence check comes up, I have to activate the Wi-Fi or connect to my phone and the licence check proceeds as normal.

I do a lot of travelling and it is not always possible to find a free wi-fi spot and I do not want to incur data roaming charges on my mobile tariff. My question is - can I force a licence check at home before I head to the airport. In flight mode the licence check does not occur very often, but it's really annoying when I settle down to read some comics on a flight and the licence check prevents me from doing this. If I could force the check before travelling, it would make my life much easier.

As an after thought would an uninstall of CRA followed by an re-install include by default a licence check? Possible solution maybe?

I have to say though that this app is by far the best comic reading app, combined with CRW and the scraping ability from ComicVine this software bundle is the best bar none!!

Keep up the good work cYo, cbanack, 600WPMPO, StonePaw and everyone else that contributes to this awesome site!

Re: License Check Problems 5 years 6 months ago #23107

• Juan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Does the free version have to do a license check? You could switch to that as a temporary workaround while travelling.

Re: License Check Problems 5 years 6 months ago #23112

• Trask
  • Expert Boarder
That's an awesome idea Juan. I have to fill out forms, and explain why I need my tablet connected to the net around the proxy whenever I need to do a license check or install software, so I had them install perfect viewer for me last time the licence check came up. I honestly didn't even think of the free version of CRA. Can the two run side by side?

edit: 29.05.12 - I just got the licence check window again, about a week after getting the tablet back from the last licence check. I'm glad I payed for it, to help with development, but it's an unworkable program for me right now. Going to have to try the free version, or switch to perfect viewer.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Trask.

Re: License Check Problems 5 years 6 months ago #23191

• mikesmth
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello.. Sorry but I have to get this off my chest..
But from time to time the validity fo the license is checked. If this happens you've to make sure that you're connected to the internet. If the check still fails, wait a few minutes and try again. If it still fails, it is best to contact Google Market support as there is nothing I can do from my end.

IMHO you really need to re-check your logic in this. Even if there is a proper connection with the internet and no other programs have this problem, it still occurs. There can be several reasons. The program is not checking all possibilities for a connection: Connect via GSM network via simcard. Connect with a WiFi network. Connect to WiFi in combination with the use of a proxy server.

If you respect your customers you will check your logic and start testing.

Great product, but unfortunately with a MAJOR BUG.

Greetings from a potentially loyal customer

Re: License Check Problems 5 years 6 months ago #23203

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
mikesmth wrote:
Hello.. Sorry but I have to get this off my chest..
But from time to time the validity fo the license is checked. If this happens you've to make sure that you're connected to the internet. If the check still fails, wait a few minutes and try again. If it still fails, it is best to contact Google Market support as there is nothing I can do from my end.

IMHO you really need to re-check your logic in this. Even if there is a proper connection with the internet and no other programs have this problem, it still occurs. There can be several reasons. The program is not checking all possibilities for a connection: Connect via GSM network via simcard. Connect with a WiFi network. Connect to WiFi in combination with the use of a proxy server.

If you respect your customers you will check your logic and start testing.

Great product, but unfortunately with a MAJOR BUG.

Greetings from a potentially loyal customer

As has been stated before multiple places on this forum, this IS NOT COMICRACK'S FAULT. The license check code is 100% Google's doing, and it's just tacked on to the app as a way of verifying payment. The code and the problem are Google's and Google's alone and this could happen with any paid app ever from the Android Market that's using this code.

cYo even says this in the first post in this thread:
Just to make it clear, I implemented the standard and very relaxed version that Google provided.

This thread is hoping to gather details (some of which you didn't provide) to try to figure out if there's some common element so we can figure out what causes this and how to fix it, but it's not something that can just be patched around with a trivial fix.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Shinrai.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Who's Online

We have 258 guests and 2 members online