Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: Nexus 7

Nexus 7 5 years 1 month ago #26348

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
I just got mine.
And I've to say it almost has this "IPadesque" feeling when using it. This is truly the first real challenger to the IPad.

I'm currently syncing some comics wireless to it and I'm very curious on how it hold up as a comic reading device. Can we all say classic old TPBs :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Nexus 7 5 years 1 month ago #26365

• Void
  • Fresh Boarder
Looking forward to hearing how it holds up. I'm thinking of buying one myself. Almost for the sole purpose of using it to read comics with comicrack.

Re: Nexus 7 4 years 11 months ago #27150

• Kiljoy McCoy
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Just got a 32g a week ago after using ComicRack on a One X for last 6 months the N7 is awesome. I read in portrait mode and use volume keys to change pages. Only time I have to swipe around a page is when its a double page. It's just big enough to lay in bed reading comics comfortably.

Re: Nexus 7 4 years 11 months ago #27158

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Kiljoy McCoy wrote:
Just got a 32g a week ago after using ComicRack on a One X for last 6 months the N7 is awesome. I read in portrait mode and use volume keys to change pages. Only time I have to swipe around a page is when its a double page. It's just big enough to lay in bed reading comics comfortably.

A Friend just got the Kindle Fire HD which he loves but says its only got a 7 hour battery life and takes all night to charge. :-(

Steve

Re: Nexus 7 4 years 11 months ago #27161

• bob_cook
  • Senior Boarder
Got my Nexus 7 a week ago. I would love an option to force single page in landscape mode though.

Re: Nexus 7 4 years 11 months ago #27162

• Kiljoy McCoy
  • Senior Boarder
wouldn't full page in landscape be all squished and impossible to read?

Re: Nexus 7 4 years 11 months ago #27163

• bob_cook
  • Senior Boarder
Not at all, it would simply fill the width and then you scroll to see the next part. This is the way it works on phones. The default steps when tapping to show the next part work very well for most situations. It is possible to read a comic in portrait, but there are times when I would like the nexus 7 to behave more like a phone than a tablet.

Re: Nexus 7 4 years 11 months ago #27164

• Kiljoy McCoy
  • Senior Boarder
Can do that by changing in app to landscape. Than set to width. Thought you meant full page on screen in landscape.

Re: Nexus 7 4 years 11 months ago #27165

• bob_cook
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks! was looking for that setting in the wrong place.

Re: Nexus 7 4 years 11 months ago #27179

• sammage
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm a gadget freak and really wanted to be able to use Comicrack with my various devices. Started with an iPad and even with the Send to iPad option it was not quite there. Reading the comics on the iPad was great, but maintaining any sort of reading list order was a nightmare for me. So then I got an old model Kindle Fire before I read here enough to know it wouldn't be able to use the full version of the mobile app. I sideloaded the free version and it was okay, but I really didn't care for the Kindle UI in general. I saw a good deal on ebay for a Nexus 7 and I now used it every day for comic reading. I don't use it for much else because I've got so many apps already running and customized on my iPad.

I do agree that the N7 really gives the iPad a run for the money. I like it better in many ways.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Who's Online

We have 178 guests and 4 members online