Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: Registration check

Re: Registration check 4 years 4 months ago #34125

• Trask
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Ahh okay, that must be why I was surprised. I guess a lot of other apps on the market don't require any form of regular validation.

Anyway, the main thrust of my post was simply to offer the suggestion of running both apps, if you expect to be in areas that don't have easy internet access.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Registration check 4 years 4 months ago #34132

• Olympios
  • Fresh Boarder
Trask wrote:
Olympios,

...I found the only way that worked for me was to have both versions of CRA on my tablet. That way, when the paid version required a check, I could switch over to the unpaid until such point as I could run a license check again...
Yes, that's what I do too because I spend many days in areas where there is no internet coverage. In fact, I uninstalled the registered version because it is useless to me, and use only the free version which works perfectly. For back-up I installed a couple other free readers and they are not bad either.
Anyway, I still think that this "license check" thing is very... mickey mouse like and lead people to look for cracked versions or even other readers, and there are quite a few good ones out there. Cyo needs to see that and find a better way to market his product because the way he does it currently is a joke.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Olympios.

Re: Registration check 4 years 4 months ago #34133

• Trask
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Whilst I agree that the current setup is not ideal, I think it's far from 'a joke'. You're here, you obviously use it. I use it, despite all the anguish it caused me overseas.

This is a fantastic program that I love tinkering with. cYo's only 1 person, and he's done exceptional work, I think you should say 'thank you' rather than berate the man. By you purchasing the app, it shows him there's a market for this product, and he'll continue to improve it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, wojosama

Re: Registration check 4 years 4 months ago #34135

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Olympios wrote:
Cyo needs to see that and find a better way to market his product because the way he does it currently is a joke.
Firstly, it has been reiterated many-a-times that it is Google's (stupid) way & not cYo's that an app has to check periodically for a license.

Secondly, even if it does, it only checks one a week. It is not cYo's fault if you are living for prolonged periods in an internet-less zone.

Thirdly, if it is a joke, why has the paid app got a rating of 4.7 (out of 5) from 767 votes? According to you, they all must be jokers, correct? :whistle:

And, for the last time, so dissatisfied you are, instead of whining about your 'plight' endlessly, why don't you stand up like a man & simply ask cYo for a refund? If he says no, take it to Google & see for yourself the light of the day.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Registration check 4 years 4 months ago #34141

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Comicrack is by far the best at what it does, namely organizing comics and reading comics in lists and keeping track of what's read and not read.. even partially read. That said, everyone should have a backup reader. I used Cdisplay-ex on my computers and PV on my tablet. if you're running into this issue, just read with you backup viewer when needed.

Re: Registration check 4 years 4 months ago #34229

• Olympios
  • Fresh Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
...why don't you stand up like a man & simply ask cYo for a refund? If he says no, take it to Google & see for yourself the light of the day.
While most posters here try to help, you as a moderator should at least hold a neutral position. But instead, you are driving things to a personal level. Did anybody tell you that your nose in brown?

Re: Registration check 4 years 4 months ago #34231

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Olympios wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:
...why don't you stand up like a man & simply ask cYo for a refund? If he says no, take it to Google & see for yourself the light of the day.
While most posters here try to help, you as a moderator should at least hold a neutral position. But instead, you are driving things to a personal level. Did anybody tell you that your nose in brown?
When you belittle cYo's honest attempts as 'a joke', you are crossing the line. Your problem has already been discussed enough, & everyone has tried whatever help they could, but you not only carry on whining, but also tell us that our sincere efforts are 'a joke'. :angry:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Registration check 4 years 4 months ago #34234

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Olympios wrote:
Anyway, I still think that this "license check" thing is very... mickey mouse like and lead people to look for cracked versions or even other readers, and there are quite a few good ones out there. Cyo needs to see that and find a better way to market his product because the way he does it currently is a joke.

It's hardly "mickey mouse like" or "a joke." It's an inexpensive (or free) product that one guy created and offers to people all around the world to use. Keep in mind that although it's a great reader, its primary function is as an organizer and then as a reader... and what other product around can you even compare it to for that?
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Who's Online

We have 177 guests and 2 members online