Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: KitKat question

KitKat question 3 years 6 months ago #38919

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Yup!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

KitKat question 3 years 6 months ago #38920

• rbasniak
  • Fresh Boarder
I may stepped on something. I found out that CR has write access to the following folder: externalSdCard\Android\Data\com.cyo.comicrack.viewer

If I try to create a folder there within CR it works, if I do the same on any other folder in the sdcard it fails.

But when I try to sync with that folder it does not work even with write access =(

KitKat question 3 years 6 months ago #39000

• Hagi
  • Fresh Boarder
From my understanding, I believe the app itself needs to be able to create a folder in the SD card so it "owns" that folder and will be able to wirelessly sync with the external SD card. When the application is removed, the folder goes with it.

Not sure if that will help but my tablet is now starting to run out of space. The sooner we can find a cure for it, the better everyone will be.

KitKat question 3 years 5 months ago #39033

• jsanchezflores13
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
To make it easier for people who have not yet figured out the solution for the SD card for Samusng devices and possibly others, It would be best if you (cYo) would post the solution to the problem so that everybody can see. The fix for this is to just simply move your comics to the dedicated comicrack folder in the SD card. That would be in
/storage/extSDCard/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer/

or

/storage/extSDCard/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer/files

KitKat question 3 years 5 months ago #39034

• rbasniak
  • Fresh Boarder
@jsanchez, what phone do you have? I already tried this on a note3 and didn't work. CR does have write access to this folder (it can create subfolders here with the create folder option), but it still doesn't sync with external sd.

KitKat question 3 years 5 months ago #39039

• jsanchezflores13
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and I already confirmed this with another user (he was using a galaxy Note 10.1). Maybe it doesn't work with the Galaxy Note 3? But I don't see a reason why it shouldn't. Make sure you also set your default comics folder to the folder in the SD because if you didn't it will not sync.

KitKat question 3 years 3 months ago #39919

Hello,

I'm starting to use CRA and have the same problems about synchronisation on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.

I think i have a working solution for you, i already use for other application. BUT your device has to be rooted.

I use the free Android APP FolderMount [ROOT]. With this app you are able to create a mounting point of the internalSD comics folder on the folder you want on you externalSD. Now synchronisation is working for me on my externalSD.

I mount as source "/storage/emulated/0/Comics" on destination "/storage/extSdCard/ebook/comics".

So when you sync, CRA think is writing on "/storage/emulated/0/Comics" where it has the rights to do, but in reality it is written in "/storage/extSdCard/ebook/comics" :woohoo:

I hope it will help you. This method could be used to move game installation on ExternalSD card also ;)

I just buy my first english comics on humble bundle to improve my english, sync is working !!!! Let's read !!!

KitKat question 3 years 3 months ago #39921

It sync once, and now i have trouble with it. It works with all other android app, it's really weird. I uninstall and get my money back...

KitKat question 3 years 3 months ago #39924

• alext41
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
jsanchezflores13 wrote:
To make it easier for people who have not yet figured out the solution for the SD card for Samusng devices and possibly others, It would be best if you (cYo) would post the solution to the problem so that everybody can see. The fix for this is to just simply move your comics to the dedicated comicrack folder in the SD card. That would be in
/storage/extSDCard/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer/

or

/storage/extSDCard/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer/files

This solution also work for me with the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by alext41.

KitKat question 3 years 2 months ago #40135

• gpto
  • Fresh Boarder
Its working, in a samsung galaxy tab4 10.1
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Who's Online

We have 192 guests and 6 members online