Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: Home "Server" Library

Home "Server" Library 11 months 3 weeks ago #48718

• NoDruid
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes, nice. Now it works. I just copied it, but didn't edit anything. You should really put that into the readme or make a wiki on github to collect this sort of stuff. My question to you now is, how can we help? If we encounter issues or have suggestion do you want them as Issues on Github or should we just post them here. Do you want them at all?

For example, playing the dumb user :whistle: , I deleted a file in the Windows File Explorer, which I previously added to your program library. Upon trying to restart your application, I got a null pointer exception and the UI of your programm wasn't loading correctly anymore and just displayed the UI Elements I was hovering with the mouse over. And if I removed the mouse the windows returned to a blank java window state. So in the future you should add an exception handler maybe.
Also if I added a comic to the library the entry height would remain the size of the text, so that I'm not able to see the complete cover, just a little part of it. Which could not even be the cover at all put a page further into the comic, not entirely sure.
On another note may I suggest that in the future you could add webp format support for the comic pages? I converted most of my comics into that format, as it can be significantly smaller than jpg or png without a noticible loss in quality. I can imagine that I am not the only one, since a smaller file size is preferable as probably most of the userbase consume their comics on mobile device, which normally have lower storage capacities than an pc.

Just to clarify I am aware that your program is nowhere near completion and this is not meant as a critisim or attack on your abilities or program. Just trying to help. Keep up the work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Home "Server" Library 11 months 3 weeks ago #48719

• mcpierce
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Thanks for the feedback and bug notice.

No, I don't think we should do any design or discussion about ComixEd here. I don't think cYo would appreciate us discussing a competing product on his forums. <g> If we're to get a community together it should be separate from any existing comic application.

Maybe once enough people are involved we can create our own forums or a mailing list for using it?

I'd definitely appreciate it though if you could report any bugs like that on the ComixEd GitHub site and I'll fix them.

I've updated the README.md file to link to a wiki page for getting a local environment running.

Home "Server" Library 11 months 3 weeks ago #48721

• NoDruid
  • Fresh Boarder
You might be right, but then again I think it is well established by now, that cYo is gone. His last post was from over a year ago and since then there was no response to the increasing problems on all plattforms.

Home "Server" Library 11 months 3 weeks ago #48722

• NoDruid
  • Fresh Boarder
I added the things i mentioned as issues on github. I never really used github to comment on other projects. is it possible for people to label issues on creation? I didn't see the option, but i think it would be helpful to differentiate between bugs, enhancements, feature requests and so on. Could be that only the developers can do that.

Home "Server" Library 11 months 3 weeks ago #48724

• mcpierce
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you! I'm already working on the NPE bug.

It's possible to differentiate between bugs and feature requests. Maybe using the subject to label as one or the other? I'll have to see. Previous projects I've worked on we've used either Bugzilla or Jira for bug tracking, so it's a new system for me as well.
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by mcpierce.

Home "Server" Library 11 months 3 weeks ago #48725

• mcpierce
  • Expert Boarder
I see what you can do: you can tag the issue with a label, such as "bug" or "enhancement". :D

Home "Server" Library 11 months 2 weeks ago #48765

• khaoohs
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
@mcpierce, Looking forward to executables, i'm happy to test this ASAP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcpierce

Home "Server" Library 11 months 2 weeks ago #48766

• mcpierce
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you! Right now I've got several enhancements I'm working on. But if you want and can do so, you can checkout the code and run it from the command line using Java and Maven fairly easily. If that's not an option, let me know and I'll see if I can put an executable JAR file up for testing.
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by mcpierce.

Home "Server" Library 11 months 1 week ago #48774

• email4400
  • Fresh Boarder
I am no coder, but if you want a beta test, let me know!

Tks for initiative.

Home "Server" Library 11 months 1 week ago #48775

• mcpierce
  • Expert Boarder
You're quite welcome. My hope is that this benefits us all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: email4400
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Who's Online

We have 146 guests and 2 members online