Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions
  • Page:

TOPIC: Android 5.02 - cannot set ext sdcard as comic library location

Android 5.02 - cannot set ext sdcard as comic library location 2 years 6 months ago #41976

I'm using a Sony Z3 Compact tablet (not rooted) and full version 1.80 of ComicRack.

My comics are stored on my external sdcard (/sdcard1/Comics) but I'm unable to select it as a library location.

See screenshot:

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Android 5.02 - cannot set ext sdcard as comic library location 2 years 6 months ago #41977

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
This had a lot of discussion when 4.4 came out, and one one of the various topics should be pinned for reference. Here is some information about Android External SD Limitations.

/storage/extSDCard/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer

Use this path, changing for your SDCARD only.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WastedJoker

Android 5.02 - cannot set ext sdcard as comic library location 2 years 6 months ago #41979

Thank you!

I set the main folder to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer/files" then /sdcard1/Comics as the second folder.

I presume the first folder has to be writable for holding progress etc.

Thanks again!

Android 5.02 - cannot set ext sdcard as comic library location 2 years 5 months ago #42170

• alext41
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
i have now the same problem with my Samsung Tablet, how can you now sync the comics?

Android 5.02 - cannot set ext sdcard as comic library location 2 years 5 months ago #42175

• alext41
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
found the issue, after the update from Android 4.4 to 5.x Comicrack was not able to write to his own directory on the SD Card (also the app was installed on the SD Card). So i reinstalled it no on the device, from now on i was able to select the SD Card (/storage/extSDCard/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer) as the Main folder.

Android 5.02 - cannot set ext sdcard as comic library location 2 years 4 months ago #42309

• TechMoura
  • Fresh Boarder
I have an Xperia Z2 Tablet and am using Android 5.02, I tried to use the /storage/extSDCard/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer folder as the main folder to sync comics but when I tried to sync nothing happens

Android 5.02 - cannot set ext sdcard as comic library location 2 years 4 months ago #42320

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Syncing Wireless or USB?

Android 5.02 - cannot set ext sdcard as comic library location 2 years 4 months ago #42321

• TechMoura
  • Fresh Boarder
Syncing by USB

Android 5.02 - cannot set ext sdcard as comic library location 2 years 4 months ago #42325

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
It may be that the folder structure is too deep for CRW to find it via USB.
I'll look into it.

Android 5.02 - cannot set ext sdcard as comic library location 2 years 4 months ago #42327

TechMoura wrote:
I have an Xperia Z2 Tablet and am using Android 5.02, I tried to use the /storage/extSDCard/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer folder as the main folder to sync comics but when I tried to sync nothing happens

I'm on Android 4.4.2 and having the exact same issue (although I'm using the folder /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer ). When I hit sync with tablet hooked up via usb, it will say "Running" for 20 seconds before doing nothing and acting as if the sync operation is done.

If I change the home folder to something else like /sdcard/comics, then sync operation works perfectly fine, but despite the name, this means that it is writing to my phone's internal storage instead of the sd card.

Any help would be really appreciated.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Who's Online

We have 177 guests and 4 members online