Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: Not eligible for Family Library if purchased before 7/2/2016

Not eligible for Family Library if purchased before 7/2/2016 1 year 2 months ago #46113

On the Google Play Store, it says this app is only available for Family Library if purchased after 7/2/2016. I've already purchased two copies of this app, one for me, and one for my son. I'm disappointed that I have to purchase this again for my daughter, yet had I waited until after 7/2/2016, I could have purchased it once for my whole family.

What is the reasoning behind this? Either make it eligible for Family Library for all purchases, including past purchases, or don't make it eligible for Family Library at all.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Not eligible for Family Library if purchased before 7/2/2016 1 year 2 months ago #46114

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I doubt this was a choice made by the app developers. It sounds like it has just been placed into that category by default.

Not eligible for Family Library if purchased before 7/2/2016 1 year 2 months ago #46129

• Totengeist
  • Fresh Boarder
According to the Google article on this:

If you purchased the app or game before July 2, 2016, it’s eligible for Family Library if the developer has made past purchases available.

That sounds to me like Google disables "past purchases" by default and leaves other to the developer to enable this manually so they can decide.

I'm curious if this will be enabled.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Totengeist. Reason: formatting

Not eligible for Family Library if purchased before 7/2/2016 1 year 2 months ago #46130

Can we get an official answer from the developer on this as to whether Family Library for past purchases will be enabled?
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Who's Online

We have 257 guests and 9 members online