Welcome, Guest
General questions and discussions

TOPIC: ComicRack on Chrome OS via Android Google Play Store

ComicRack on Chrome OS via Android Google Play Store 1 year 1 day ago #46160

• aaotaku
  • Fresh Boarder
Now that Chrome OS and Chromebooks (or at least, *my* Chromebook, which is the ASUS Flip) supports Android's Google Play Store, I'm *really* interested in getting ComicRack up and running on it. In my preliminary tests, ComicRack works just fine. HOWEVER, wireless syncing doesn't work (the PC doesn't seem to "see" the ComicRack installation on the ChromeBook). Without wireless syncing, getting comics to the Chromebook is a PITA. I hope the developer behind ComicRack is looking into what it would take to get wireless syncing working when running the Android app on Chrome OS.

Has anyone else trying to do this find a way to get wireless syncing to work?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack on Chrome OS via Android Google Play Store 10 months 4 weeks ago #46398

• timrock
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
the issue i have with the android version is that it cannot read files from my sd card within the chromebook. Nor can it read from the default file system. I downloaded a few comics via torrent and save them to my memory card, but i cannot set the location on the memory card as the main folder to read from. only way i can get comics into comicrack is to download them via an android torrent app.

Chrome OS needs its own version of Comickrack

ComicRack on Chrome OS via Android Google Play Store 10 months 4 weeks ago #46399

• aaotaku
  • Fresh Boarder
Yep, you're correct. I cannot get ComicRack to see the comics on an external SD Card (which is really sad, since internal storage is so meager). However, to get ComicRack to see comics on the internal storage, download an Android app like Airdroid, and transfer comic files from your PC/Mac to the android storage on your Chromebook via Airdroid. That works. (Remember, there are two different files systems on Chromebook now, the filesystem seen by Chrome OS and the filesystem seen by Android. They're separate -- at least for now.)

ComicRack on Chrome OS via Android Google Play Store 10 months 4 weeks ago #46400

• timrock
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
what i did was, i download the comics straight to Drive. Then i open up Drive via android app and just download the files to my comic folder within the android system. I wish there was a simpler way. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Who's Online

We have 272 guests and 5 members online