Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: unable to install either version from Android Market after purchasing

unable to install either version from Android Market after purchasing 6 years 1 week ago #17190

• ellipsis
  • Fresh Boarder
Pretty sure this is an issue with the Android Market and not ComicRack, but just giving everyone a heads up, and I've emailed Google support about this as well. I just saw the paid version was available for $6.72 and bought it immediately. I opened it and my comic library was blank. So I thought maybe I needed to uninstall the free one first. So I uninstalled both of them, and tried installing the paid one again, and apparently since it was within the 15 minute window of buying it, even though I didn't actually press the "refund" button at all, Google assumed I wanted a refund and sent me an email saying they refunded my purchased. Now for either the paid or free app I'm getting the message "Download of ComicRack declined". I've never refunded an app before so I was surprised when they just assumed this. I guess if anyone buys this and has an issue, wait at least 15 minutes so it doesn't auto-refund you. Hopefully I can get this resolved soon because I actually do want to support cYo by buying the paid version...

edit: Ok, so Google support was really fast getting back to me on this. Right after I typed all this I tried uninstalling my market updates and clearing all the market data, and I was able to install the free version but still got the same message with the paid one. They said they'd clear the purchase and to try again in 15 minutes. I'll update if that works.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by ellipsis.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: unable to install either version from Android Market after purchasing 6 years 1 week ago #17191

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
The paid version should actually find the directory of the free version. And if not simply set it in preferences.

Re: unable to install either version from Android Market after purchasing 6 years 1 week ago #17192

• ellipsis
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, cYo. I probably should have tried that but I tend to jump the gun and try the wrong things first whenever I have issues like these. I just tried buying it again and it worked.

Re: unable to install either version from Android Market after purchasing 6 years 1 week ago #17193

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
And if there are problems you can count on it that I try to fix them in a few days.
But thanks to you I just updated the description in the market so that other people know what to do.

Re: unable to install either version from Android Market after purchasing 6 years 1 week ago #17202

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I bought it first thing in the morning and it is working fine!

Can I uninstall the free version without losing anything?
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: unable to install either version from Android Market after purchasing 6 years 1 week ago #17205

• DeadpoolSA
  • Fresh Boarder
I uninstalled the free version after starting the paid version and everything transferred over fine.

Re: unable to install either version from Android Market after purchasing 6 years 1 week ago #17207

• Tension113
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I installed the paid version in addition to the free version and then later uninstalled the free one.. All is well..

Weird thing when I purchased, my receipt didn't have my name on it.. It was someone else.. Never saw that happen before..
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Who's Online

We have 155 guests and 6 members online