Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed
  • Page:

TOPIC: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes

Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17232

• swkotor7
  • Fresh Boarder
I have had a couple of occasions where some of the lists i have set to synchronise will be deleted from my asus transformer during a sync. But some others will always sync correctly.

The ones which occasionally delete (they will then sync and copy the whole list over next time) are:

* Favourite Weeklies
* Other Weeklies
* DC New 52 (shares some comics with Favourite Weeklies)

I cant see what these ones have in common which would cause them to delete occasinally during syncs.

Any ideas?

BTW - absolutely love the android app!! I bought it straight away and would have paid even more for it!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17321

• juskolos
  • Fresh Boarder
my issue is all the comics sync initially but then once they are read they are removed.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17322

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
That is by design.

You sync a list and have the option "only unread" enabled. So the next time you sync the list no longer includes these books, so they get removed.

Uncheck "only unread".

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17323

• juskolos
  • Fresh Boarder
I have that unchecked still same issue. Also sometimes i uncheck it and when I go back to device settings it has been re-checked. I re-installed the windows client and re-synced and interestingly the comics are now copied and stay on the tablet but the smart folder "Ecomics" dont show them. For example I have a smart list "swamp thing" that on the PC shows two issues. On the tablet it shows no issues but a search finds them. I have removes the comics dir and reinstalled the comicrack app and now I am doing a full sync. Will let everyone know if it wors or not. It there a way to reset the read state?

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17332

• swkotor7
  • Fresh Boarder
I dont have an issue with read comics being removed specifically.

I have 3 folders which contain multiple smart lists which on some syncs will delete all comics (read or unread) and then on the next sync will add them back:

I have:
* Favourite weeklies (about 20 smartlists)
* Other Weeklies (about 25 smartlists)
* New 52 (52 smartlists)

I have other folders with smartlists which always sync and there doesnt seem to be anything specific to these 2 which dont.

It seems kind of random:
sometimes just one of these folders will sync 0 comics other times all 3 will sync 0 (and remove the ones which were already on the device)

The SD card in my transformer definitely has enough space too as it has over 8GB free when everything is synced.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17333

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
swkotor7 wrote:
I dont have an issue with read comics being removed specifically.

I have 3 folders which contain multiple smart lists which on some syncs will delete all comics (read or unread) and then on the next sync will add them back:

I have:
* Favourite weeklies (about 20 smartlists)
* Other Weeklies (about 25 smartlists)
* New 52 (52 smartlists)

I have other folders with smartlists which always sync and there doesnt seem to be anything specific to these 2 which dont.

It seems kind of random:
sometimes just one of these folders will sync 0 comics other times all 3 will sync 0 (and remove the ones which were already on the device)

The SD card in my transformer definitely has enough space too as it has over 8GB free when everything is synced.

How many books are there between all these lists? I think the mobile version currently has a cap on the library size.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17335

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have another topic open regarding problems with not all books syncing over wifi. Not sure if it is the same issue here, but to address the number of books, this has happened with a sync of 25 books, so it isn't an issue with a cap on the number.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17337

• swkotor7
  • Fresh Boarder
the number of comics in these lists vary.

* Favourite weeklies = approx 80 comics
* Other weeklies = 300+
* New 52 = 30-52

I have had other folders with 50+ comics which sync everytime without issue. I have done this over USB and WIFI and had them occasionally not sync.

In total my sync may have approx. 1000 comics - not sure if this is over the total limit (i did see in another thread that CYO increased the cap)

It is weird though that on one sync it will remove synced comics from the device and on the next it will add them back though.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 3 weeks ago #17777

• Threep
  • Fresh Boarder
I have this problem too. First it was just one list that would consistently get deleted when I synced, then transferred again. Now I changed which lists are synced in an attempt to fix it, and it only made the problem worse: My first sync today deleted every single comic, which is very frustrating considering how long a wireless sync of a few hundred comics takes.

Additionally, since changing my lists around I get this error 3 times when I start a sync: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 3 weeks ago #17778

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
If you delete (clear) the comics folder on your device and resync everything (I know this takes time) does this solve the problem?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Who's Online

We have 220 guests and 7 members online