Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed
  • Page:

TOPIC: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17779

• Threep
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo wrote:
If you delete (clear) the comics folder on your device and resync everything (I know this takes time) does this solve the problem?
I tried this when it first happened, shortly after the release of wifi sync, and it didn't solve anything then.

When syncing deleted everything today, I cleared out the remaining files (xml, ini and strangely a single comic that wasn't showing up) but I haven't synced since. I just started a sync to find out, and at least the 3 error messages are still there.

Do you need any other information? I'm on a Nook Color and my comics folder is /emmc/Comics
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17780

• Threep
  • Fresh Boarder
Did a few tests adding and removing comics from the synced lists, and so far everything is syncing correctly although I still get the error messages.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17787

• Threep
  • Fresh Boarder
It happened again. I read a single comic, synced to test, and all but one list was deleted.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17900

• Threep
  • Fresh Boarder
I reset my comics folder again and changed the lists around, as well as deselecting "Only Unread". Sadly the end result was that every other sync deletes everything.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17967

• Tension113
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
This has been happening to me and I think I narrowed it down at least for my setup.. Every time I sync, I have to sync at least twice.. The first sync removes one of my folders and then the 2nd sync puts it back.. It was only happening to certain folders, not the entire list.. I'll add a pic just to show how I have mine set up currently.. But basically, if I read Ultimate Spider-man #1, every single Spider-man issue gets deleted on the next sync.. Not just the Ultimate Spider-man series, all of the series that are contained in the Spider-Man folder.. If I read a book from Ultimate X-men (2011), the entire X-men folder gets deleted on the next sync.. and, if I don't read anything in between syncs, nothing gets deleted.. Hope all of that makes sense and helps with a possible solution.. :lol:

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17978

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Do you have the same problem when you do not select a root node but select a leaf (lets say Ultimate X-Men(2001) instead of X-Men ?).

UPDATE: I'm able to reproduce this when selecting root nodes (which I never do).
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by cYo.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17979

• Threep
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo wrote:
Do you have the same problem when you do not select a root node but select a leaf (lets say Ultimate X-Men(2001) instead of X-Men ?).

UPDATE: I'm able to reproduce this when selecting root nodes (which I never do).
While trying to fix it, I experimented with using a smart list that sourced the root node I used previously and still had the problem.

However I also had 3 broken files in that list (the source of the error messages above) and I haven't had any incorrect deletes in the 48 hours since fixing those, syncing regularly to test, so maybe having broken files can trigger it too?

I'm very happy to hear you've tracked down one cause of it.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Threep.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17980

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
I hope so.

I've now also tracked down the problem with root nodes. Syncing root nodes is currently broken.
Next release will fix it.

If you need to use root nodes, a workaround is turning off live counters.

Re: Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 6 years 1 month ago #17984

• Tension113
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for looking into it.. Hopefully that fixes the issue for everyone else too..

Using the root folder setup has given me the best results as far as keeping everything somewhat condensed.. Although doing just the leafs, I can tell which volume is what.. :)

Comics get deleted during syncs sometimes 1 year 2 months ago #46153

• cxsconsulting
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Was this actually resolved? I have been experiencing this issue for awhile (and I know this thread is old now). I am running the latest version of ComicRack on my PC and on my Nexus 7. Everytime I sync I have to do it twice (if I read a comic).
1, Read a comic on my nexus
2. Sync from ComicRack. Smartlist empties (shows no comics) and nexus is wiped of comics.
3. Refrsh smartlist and comics show again.
4. sync with nexus and all comics get copied back.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds

Who's Online

We have 227 guests and one member online