Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Blurry pages

Blurry pages 6 years 1 month ago #17576

• fullmaster
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
sorry for starting another thread. I just want to see if anyone else has this issue?

I have a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and a CM7 HP touchpad and both are doing this

about every 2nd page is worse quality than the one before but if you tap to go back a page the bad quality one become clear and the one you were just on when you go forward becomes blurry-ish.

Might just be me because i notice things like this, but it drives me insane haha.

i have even had it in landscape double page view with one clear and one blurry...? weird

Droid comic viewer doesnt do this on both devices.

I am not ranting, i think Comicrack is the best thing ever for comic reading on a tablet but if others have this issue it may be something to look into.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Blurry pages 6 years 1 month ago #17577

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
It seems to be a memory issues, but this is on the on the other hand very unlikely on a tablet...

Anyone else same or similar problems?

Re: Blurry pages 6 years 1 month ago #17578

• fullmaster
  • Fresh Boarder
could it be something like perfect viewer had wrong? "Fixed the image may distort sometimes if "Auto single page" enabled"

Re: Blurry pages 6 years 1 month ago #17595

• fullmaster
  • Fresh Boarder
ok just used your pc program to change all the cbrs to cbzs.... and WOW, SO FAST NOW and no more 2nd page blurry.

i didnt know about this?!

Re: Blurry pages 6 years 1 month ago #17597

• cYo
CBZs are much faster. But this should not influence your blurry problem.
You're even better and faster when you use ComicRack to sync the eComics.

Re: Blurry pages 6 years 1 month ago #17711

• Imbalance
  • Fresh Boarder
Love the program and the App! However I am having the same exact problem with the android app actually. Doesn't happen all the time and yes it could be a memory issue but i'm not sure why unless comic rack itself is leaving stuff in memory and not getting cleared. I have a Nexus one FYI. Comic rack works mostly great except for a couple bugs, the most annoying one being the blurry pages issue. after a while of reading, though sometimes soon as I pull it up, every other page is blurry.

Just like the poster, once the blurry pages start, if I just keep moving forward the pages alternate blurry then clear and crisp. If I come to a blurry one, go forward to the next page which is nice and crisp, then back up to the formerly blurry page... it's not nice and crisp. Then once I go forward again, the page that WAS crisp, is now blurry. I can of course repeat these actions (forward, back, forward forward, back, forward forward, back) etc ad infinitum.

I've tried exiting the app, even task killing it (yes i know, evil..). Tried freeing up memory by dumping other apps in memory and the problem still persists. If I put the phone down for a while and come back hours later, all is generally well for a bit before it'll start again. Sometimes it doesn't start again for a long time, sometimes the blurry is minor, most times it's horrible.

Love to know if there's something I can do to fix it!

Re: Blurry pages 6 years 1 month ago #17713

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
I finally got around to hit the piggy bank and bought a Toshiba AT100 (toshiba thrive in the us), and every now and then i also get this problem. I am using comicrack to sync the files. Every now and then, one page gets all blurry, but in my case, from then on, no matter what i open, all pages are like that.

When i try to get out of the app by then, it force closes.

fK

Re: Blurry pages 6 years 1 month ago #17717

• cYo
It seems to me that is a memory problem. When you get the first blurry page and restart the app (with quit) the blurriness should be gone after restart.

I really tried to solve this, but Android has a very undeterministic behavior when it comes to memory management (my A500 sometimes simply stopped to release old memory till I changed the allocation order).

I may add some options to turn on/off caching. Maybe this helps.

Re: Blurry pages 6 years 1 month ago #17744

• fullmaster
  • Fresh Boarder
i am still having this issue actually with both my samsung galaxy 10.1 and my CM7 touchpad

every 2nd one blurry, not always but it happens frequently.

Is there a way for those of us with lots of memory to set Comicrack to use for example (a large portion of the sd drive for cache ex. 1gb)

i pretty much just have comicrack on my tablets with a bunch of comics and some music. no fancy stuff.

NOTE: it seems to happen MORE when i have read a few comics then it starts up... maybe the cache isnt clearing from the previous comics and pages read??

maybe a little clear cache button is needed in the in comic menu, gets blurry just tap and clear...?

Re: Blurry pages 6 years 1 month ago #17827

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
cYo, any progress on this? Its really annoying. After a few comics read (5 or 6), it crops up. And i've made sure i haven't got anything else running besides comicrack and the android task manager app. It shows comicrack taking around 150mb or ram, with around 700 or so free. And it still gives the blurry pages, even with so much free ram. Anyway you can force comicrack to reserve more ram to itself?

fK
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Who's Online

We have 189 guests and 5 members online