Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Failed to Delete

Re: Failed to Delete 5 years 9 months ago #19454

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
New problem: CR donate wont update from the market. I have rebooted several times, but All I get is an Update button and after clicking it, it never installs. Any ideas?

Edit: Maybe it needs some time to be approved by Google or something?
I can only install the 1.37 versions and after that, it shows the Update button, but it doesnt install.
Ill just wait a while for right now.
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by spexwood.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Failed to Delete 5 years 9 months ago #19455

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
you just need to add it in the root folder (the one you select in ComicRack).

Oh ok, that makes things much easier.

Re: Failed to Delete 5 years 9 months ago #19456

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
*sigh*
The .nomediascan thing doesnt seen to make any difference. (I got 1.38 to install BTW)
Ill try converting everything to CBZ. I can do a simple rename of the extension, right? (ie rename .zip to .cbz)

Re: Failed to Delete 5 years 9 months ago #19457

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
yes.

and also keep the .nomediascan in the comic folder.
also please do the routine of delete, start comicrack, delete again and attach the logs.

Re: Failed to Delete 5 years 9 months ago #19458

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
also please do the routine of delete, start comicrack, delete again and attach the logs.
I dont understand what you mean by this. Can you explain or rephrase?

Re: Failed to Delete 5 years 9 months ago #19463

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
Just checking in with an update:

I have converted all of my files to CBZ using ComicRack for Windows
(Thanks BTW for that program because it found a handful of corrupted comics due to some of those corruption problems that I said happened in HC3.0.1)

Unfortunately, the problem still exists. It must have something to do with number of files or something.

Re: Failed to Delete 5 years 9 months ago #19466

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
:laugh: I have found what initially started my problem :laugh:

The cause has something to do with changing memory cards and having CR read them!

What I did to figure this out:
1) I regretfully performed a factory reset
2) Installed CR and had it set up the library
3) Tested the delete and delete works from within CR and never blocks writability of the card
4) I took the card out and inserted another card I have that has manga on it
5) refreshed the CR library
6) Everything was fine still
7) I took out the second card and put the first one back in
8) Problems started up after that point

The problem though, is that once the above has been done, CR's library scan will lock the memory card's write capabilities until the card is unmounted and then mounted again.

So, what I know for sure is this:
* Using two memory cards with CR will set up the ability for this problem to repeatedly occur.
* After the error's first occurance, CR's library scan will lock up the deleting ability from within CR and, in my case, the writablility of the entire card from outside of CR.
* If you are running CR and eject the card and then put it back in, full functionality of the card returns and you can delete from within CR again (as long as CR doesnt do another library refresh).

CYO, can you maybe add this into your program (written in pseudocode):
If the library path is in external_sd:
	If the Library scan is to run (refresh library or startup):
		Refresh the library
		When the External SD card is not being read (Android Media Scanner):
			Send a system command to unmount the external card for 2 seconds
			Send a system command to mount the external card

I know that you can unmount the card via the tablet's settings>Storage> Unmount SD Card (under SD Card section).
I would think that there is an Android programming code that will unmount the external SD card, causing the system to not read it anymore even if it is plugged in.
Likewise, I would think that there is a mount command that tells the system to start reading it.

I bet that if you did this, the problem will go away. It may even fix the deleting problem that other people are having with CBR files (or whatever you said the known issue was). Currently, I am doing exactly what the pseudocode says, except manually.

Re: Failed to Delete 5 years 9 months ago #19470

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
The library refresh is just a scan through the folders and collecting files.
So the card that initially worked, now locks after each refresh.

Try the following and tell me the outcome:
1) Uninstall/reinstall comicrack. Does it still lock after refresh with this card
2) Delete comicrack.ini in the comic root folder of this card and select the folder again. Does it still happen
3) Remove all comics (and/or format card) and again copy files over. does it still happen

And to return to beginning of this whole thing, as it seems that something weird is happening on your tablet: Is there anything special on your tablet (some mods, addional file systems etc.). There has to be something.

Re: Failed to Delete 5 years 9 months ago #19471

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
1) I have done this several times today and it had no effect
2) I will try this tomorrow (its late at night/wary morning right now and I am in bed)
3) I have done this earlier today while converting all my zipbfiles to CBZ.

my tablet is 100% stock Honeycomb 3.2 except for root. I even have all stock bloateare still installed. No mods, hacks, or anything.

like I mentioned before, I did a factory reset earlier today. now the problem is pretty random, but popping out the memory card still fixes it, while the library scan sometimes starts the problem again, but sometimes not.
I am trying to figure out what is going on now.

EDIT: Oh yeah! That's right! I actually deleted that .nomediascan file after my F.reset and since then, the randomness of the problem started instead. So far, I have been using CR for several hours (3-4) and only had the problem occur 2x (hope I didn't just jinx myself!). I really have no clue what is happening. just when I think I know the solution, it throws a wrench in my understanding.
I still think that using that pseudocode would be a solution though... if it won't break CR and is possible.

Im heading to bed now btw. 'night

Re: Failed to Delete 5 years 9 months ago #19494

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
After using CR tonight and last night, I THINK I can say that the problem is pretty much fixed. I say this with a grain of salt though. The problem still happens occassionally, but a simple eject/insert of the memory card fixes it. It also seems to still have a higher chance of happening if I put a different memory card in that contains comics and have CR scan it (library directory is still ! Manga on the other card too). Also, the library scan isn't causing the problem every single time like it used to.
Overall, I would say that the issue is at least fixed enough so that it is liveable with.

I don't know why it magically started working better though.
After I did the factory reset, the problem still existed just like before the reset. I also currently have all of the same apps installed as before the reset too. However, once I removed that .nomediascan file, the current results started happening.

So, I don't know what the deal is. All I can say is that sometimes computers act stupid and you can't figure out why.

Ill let you know if it suddenly starts behaving like before when every library scan causes the break... just so you know I guess.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Who's Online

We have 176 guests and one member online