Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: A few bugs to report in V1.29

A few bugs to report in V1.29 5 years 11 months ago #17691

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
I have been leaving little bug reports in my ratings of this app on the Android Market (as Mitchel), but I thought it was probably easier to do it here since you, the developer, can ask questions if needed.

I have three bugs I am reporting right now and will report more if I find them.

1) Someone already mentioned this in a post on this forum titled, "Typos," but it still exists in this recent version. When deleting a comic, the confirmation dialog has the word "sure" misspelled as "shure."

2) I have already mentioned this bug in my latest comment/review on the market, but since the bug is still active, I will mention it here (again, it may be best anyways).

I have discovered that zip files will not save the read/unread status of files. CBZ files seem to be working perfectly fine now though. Since my collection of comics only consists of CBZ and ZIP files though, I cannot say if other file types are saving these settings properly.

The test I use to see if this bug was fixed in any new versions of CR:
a) long press a CBZ file and change it to "Read"
b) long press a ZIP files and change it to "Read"
c) Select "Quit" from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner
d) Open CR again and let it load
e) Find the test files that had their status changed to "Read"
f) Currently, the CBZ file will still be marked "Read," while the ZIP file will be marked as "Unread."

3) This one isnt too big of a deal, but it would be nice to see it corrected, even if it becomes a low-priority fix.
When you delete a file, the file basically still appears in the library until the app is closed (Quit), force closed, or if you refresh the entire library (which can take time depending on the number of comics on your device and its speed).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A few bugs to report in V1.29 5 years 11 months ago #17700

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Yes, this is the better forum for bug submission :)

1) I'll fix that. I'm happy about every spelling mistakes natural English speakers find (s*h*ure is something I always do, I don't know why :))
2) I'm unable to reproduce that. Maybe you're to fast with quit. Information gets updated in the background. Do you still have this problem if you a) wait a little before quit or b) change the activity (open the reader etc.))
3) I'll fix that

Thanks for your feedback.

Re: A few bugs to report in V1.29 5 years 11 months ago #17704

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
"Shure" is Sean Connery's version of sure. It is proper english. (Also, it is correct as well if you're slightly inebriated)

fK

Re: A few bugs to report in V1.29 5 years 11 months ago #17747

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
I will spend some time "debugging" bug #2 to see if I can make it work properly. I'll report my findings later. Maybe I am just doing things wrong.

A thought: Perhaps if you click on the quit button and background processes are taking place, maybe a dialog box could come up saying so and then closing the app once things are done. Something like "Background processes are still occuring. ComicRack will close once they are complete." A progress count (0% complete, 50% complete, etc) could also be added.

Don't worry about the misspelling of the word "sure." You just spelled it like it sounds ;-)

Re: A few bugs to report in V1.29 5 years 11 months ago #17748

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
It seems that waiting for several minutes does NOT work.

What I did (edited to include more details since my videos would not upload):
1) I opened ComicRack (latest version)
2) I found a zip comic file marked it as read
3) I left my tablet on with CR active for around 5-6 minutes (1:20am to 1:26am)
4) I then chose the Quit open from the drop-down menu
5) Restarted CR
6) Zip was marked as Unread again :-/

I am running an Acer Iconia A500 tablet with Honeycomb 3.2.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by spexwood.

Re: A few bugs to report in V1.29 5 years 11 months ago #17749

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
[EDIT]
Sorry, the files will not upload for whatever reason. The files were put into zip files, but they must be too big.

Please just trust me when I explained what I did above.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by spexwood. Reason: Trying to get files to upload; FAILED

Re: A few bugs to report in V1.29 5 years 11 months ago #17750

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
Sorry for the numerous posts in a row. I just thought of this, so I wanted to post it before I went off to sleep.

I am attaching one of the zip files I have been using as my test subjects. Maybe you can try reading it on your Android device and mark it as Read to see if it saves the status.
This may help us figure out what is going on. I am thinking it is one of three things: 1) A bug in ComicRack (applicable to all Android versions), 2) The way my zip files are structured, or 3) A bug in ComicRack that only appears in 3.2 devices.

Regarding possibility 3:
Are you testing your app on an Android device running Honeycomb 3.2?
I ask because it seems that 3.2 is VERY different from 3.1 and earlier (closer in programming to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich). It is mostly backwards compatible, as all Android versions are, but it seems that some programming meant for 3.1 and earlier does not work right in 3.2. I am finding that many apps I used to use perfectly fine in 3.1 and 3.0 are having strange bugs in 3.2 :/ (and my device isnt broken either, as other 3.2 users have the same issues with those apps).

Re: A few bugs to report in V1.29 5 years 11 months ago #17751

• spexwood
  • Junior Boarder
Why... can't... I... upload... files!?!?!?!? :blink:
(May have been best though as it WAS a comic, but it was meant to help with CR's development and not to share the comic itself. Let me know if you want this file for testing with and how I can get it to you.)

I give up for tonight... going to bed now.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by spexwood.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Who's Online

We have 200 guests and 5 members online