Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Cannot click "OK" for a directory on my external SD-Card

Cannot click "OK" for a directory on my external SD-Card 6 years 3 weeks ago #18301

• wilhelm
  • Fresh Boarder
ComicRack detects and is reading my external SD-Card but i'm not able to click "OK" when I want to
selected a directory on my SD-Card.
I have all my comics on my external SD-Card
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot click "OK" for a directory on my external SD-Card 5 years 10 months ago #20120

• smilliar
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the same problem since an update a week or two before Christmas. Each new update, I check to see if this problem has been resolved. Does anyone have an Idea ? Any chance soon ?

Re: Cannot click "OK" for a directory on my external SD-Card 5 years 10 months ago #20122

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Your external sd card must be writable from Android.

Start a file manager and try to create a directory or file on your sdcard, my guess is that it will fail.

Re: Cannot click "OK" for a directory on my external SD-Card 5 years 10 months ago #20125

• wilhelm
  • Fresh Boarder
Everything is solved since the update of Android.

Thanks anyway

Re: Cannot click "OK" for a directory on my external SD-Card 5 years 10 months ago #20533

I have the same problem !
running last version of comicrack and android's firmware 4.0.3

Re: Cannot click "OK" for a directory on my external SD-Card 5 years 9 months ago #20977

• hkotaku
  • Fresh Boarder
I am also experiencing this bug. I'm on ICS 4.0.3, and can't click ok when navigating to /mnt/extsd/

As you have mentioned I am not able to write to the directory in a file manager.

Is there no way you can get around this behaviour? I can't use the app at the moment due to all my comics being stored on the card.
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by hkotaku.

Re: Cannot click "OK" for a directory on my external SD-Card 5 years 9 months ago #20981

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Sorry no.
ComicRack HAS to write to the location where the eComics are. ComicRack is not a read only app like other readers.
But reading the the Google sources, sdcard *should* work and be read/writable (as anything else does not make any sense and is more or less a joke). I hope the work this out.

Re: Cannot click "OK" for a directory on my external SD-Card 5 years 8 months ago #21841

• Pablucho
  • Fresh Boarder
hi, i have the same ICS 4.0.3 + ComicRack 1.60, i cant select any directory in extsd to load comics on CR, the strange thing is that i CAN make files and directories in the Stock File Manager but can't do it on File Expert, my device is a POINT OF VIEW ProTab 2 XXL 10" and it has not been rooted, should i? I kinda remember i could read the external sd before, maybe a CR update along with the latest ICS android version switched on some kind of buggy behavior. thanks for your time, hope ya can give me some kind of answer.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Who's Online

We have 194 guests and 2 members online