Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Particular webcomic not syncing

Particular webcomic not syncing 5 years 10 months ago #18666

• predakanga
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey there,
I'm happy to see that there's an Android client out - I bought the full version without hesitation.

So far, I've only run into one bug - one of my webcomics refuses to sync, or to export to CBZ.

I've attached the webcomic in question - I suspect it's because it's too large - I'm still syncing a variety of other webcomics, some which should be bigger, so I'll update with how they went.

The error I get while syncing to my Droid is "Failed to read Image 6"
The error I get while exporting is "Failed to read Image 158"

I've double checked, and there's plenty of space left on the drive (92GB), and ComicRack never goes above 600MB of RAM during the export.
ComicRack for the PC can also read the comic just fine, including strips 6 and 158.

Also, nothing untoward is shown in the scripting console - doubt it has any bearing, but as an FYI
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by predakanga.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Particular webcomic not syncing 5 years 10 months ago #18692

• Helmic
  • Expert Boarder
  • (Don't be) That guy
  • Thank you received: 82
Try going to those pages and refreshing them before trying to sync or export again, see if there's any gray horizontal lines in the image meaning it wasn't downloaded completely. If that doesn't work, right click the book in the library and refresh the whole thing.

Have you tried using one of the Questionable Content cbw's in the webcomic index in the Webcomic forum? My latest one for that doesn't have any issues and grabs them all just fine.

On a side note, care to post some of your CBW's in the Webcomic forum? We're a bit shorthanded on people that'll do requests. As in I'm the only one. Please.
Request webcomics on IRC: http://widget.mibbit.com/?server=irc.rizon.net&channel=%23comicrack
server: irc.rizon.net
channel: #comicrack
Or in the webcomics subforum: http://comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/22-web-comics

Re: Particular webcomic not syncing 5 years 10 months ago #18696

• predakanga
  • Fresh Boarder
I've refreshed each and every page, cleared every cache and temp file that I can find, and all of the images appear to be downloaded completely, heh.

I'll give your CBW a try - don't see any reason why mine wouldn't export when yours does, but it's worth a shot.

And I'd be happy to help out in the webcomic forum, I'll post mine up once I add some metadata, and then go through some requests

Re: Particular webcomic not syncing 5 years 10 months ago #18870

• predakanga
  • Fresh Boarder
Just to update, I've tested again using your CBW, Helmic - both syncing to my Droid and exporting to a CBZ fail to me, same messages as before.

I'm setting up ComicRack on a VM at the minute to see if it's something particular to my settings, etc, or to my actual computer.

Re: Particular webcomic not syncing 5 years 10 months ago #19139

• predakanga
  • Fresh Boarder
Tracked this back through various issues (mostly my own), and solved it as shown in this thread
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Who's Online

We have 213 guests and 10 members online