Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Stacking Series

Stacking Series 5 years 8 months ago #20889

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Just bought an Android device (Transformer Prime), installed ComicRack and configured WiFi synchronization. Splendid work; the library is transferred and the reader is wonderful. Kudos, I'm already very glad I got this package to read with. One, small, issue though:

If you have metadata in your CBZ file on Windows and synchronize it to your Android device, the resulting metadata seems to take the "Volume" as part of the Series name. If I then stack based on series, or use the series list, I see each volume as a seperate series (thus I end up with something like this: Aoi Hana V1, Aoi Hana V2, Gunslinger Girl V1, Gunslinger Girl V2; volumes aren't different series).

If I did something wrong, I'd love to hear about it (for example, transfer CBZ without conversion?).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stacking Series 5 years 8 months ago #20891

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Thanks for your praise. Lots of thought have been put into the reader to make it "being not in the way" when reading :)

Nope, Android uses volume for stacking by series (this was actually a request). But I guess after multi level stacking is now here, I could remove this and add stacking by volume.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deathspike

Re: Stacking Series 5 years 5 months ago #22761

• danthom1704
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I would like that also. Please let me know when the android app has been updated Thanks Dan

Re: Stacking Series 5 years 5 months ago #22762

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
This was implement about a month ago, maybe one month and a half. It's working splendidly. ;)

Re: Stacking Series 5 years 5 months ago #22765

• danthom1704
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My issue must be because I also have chapters as well. I'm getting around this using smart list. then sorting by series.

Re: Stacking Series 5 years 4 months ago #23082

• Garland
  • Fresh Boarder
I seem to be having the same problem as Deathspike, although from the looks of it, the problem has already been solved. I have several series of comics synced on my tablet (asus transformer tf300t), and the only metadata they contain is the series name (Say, Fullmetal Alchemist for example), and a volume number. When viewing my list of comics, there is a collection for each individual volume. I can group them all in one collection again if I remove the volume data, and use only the chapter number to sort them, but I'd rather not have to do all that. Is there a setting I'm missing in the preferences to include volumes when building collections or something? Note: the synced volumes are in custom lists on my desktop, not sure if that's relevant.

Any advice would be appreciated - I know that the issue can be circumvented by using searches or something of that sort, but I don't really believe that workarounds are the best solutions.

ComicRack version: 1.63
Android Firmware: 4.0.3
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and 6 members online