Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: CR won't connect to tablet to sync - Windows 8 RTM

CR won't connect to tablet to sync - Windows 8 RTM 5 years 6 days ago #26560

I just upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 8 Pro RTM and now Comicrack won't recognize my tablet (Archos G9 101 Turbo ICS w/ 250GB HD) to sync. It worked fine before the upgrade. I have tried uninstalling CR from both my tablet and my PC and reinstalling, but no dice. The tablet only works as an MTP device, so I wonder if that might be partly to blame. It finds my phone OK (shows up as a drive letter). Any advice?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CR won't connect to tablet to sync - Windows 8 RTM 5 years 6 days ago #26563

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
This has been a pain, since it recurs often.

What works for me when it happens is to delete the comic folder on the tablet, recreate it, point CRA to that folder, unpair the device on CRW, pair it again, and then it will sync properly. I recently had to do it when i flashed my android with ICS, and this procedure got it back to syncing. It did, however, always sync properly when starting the sync from CRW.

fK

CR won't connect to tablet to sync - Windows 8 RTM 5 years 6 days ago #26568

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Is this now a Windows 8 problem or the "usual" problem of the wireless sync having the wrong info?

CR won't connect to tablet to sync - Windows 8 RTM 5 years 6 days ago #26569

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
On my case it was the wrong info. I had windows 2012 (8 server) sync'ing fine until i flashed the tablet, and it is working fine since redoing the pairing.

fK

CR won't connect to tablet to sync - Windows 8 RTM 5 years 5 days ago #26572

I'm still doing a little testing, but I think it is a Windows 8-specific issue. I had the syncing working fine w/ the same tablet through multiple ROMs on Windows 7 without needing to re-pair my tablet. Once I install Windows 8, though, Windows will see my tablet but Comicrack won't. On the pairing screen, it tries to detect for over a minute, but then it shows no clients on the dialog box.

(This is USB, not Wireless syncing.)

Edit - I tried the above procedure w/ removing and creating the folder, and still no luck.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 days ago by algernonramone.

CR won't connect to tablet to sync - Windows 8 RTM 5 years 5 days ago #26573

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
I think you ran into some firewall issue on your Windows 8 installation.

CR won't connect to tablet to sync - Windows 8 RTM 5 years 5 days ago #26574

I have disabled the firewall and I have also explicitly allow Comicrack access through it on every network type. Still the same issue both ways. Would the firewall affect USB connections?

CR won't connect to tablet to sync - Windows 8 RTM 5 years 3 days ago #26601

Is there some sort of a debug mode I can turn on so I can see where it's failing to connect?

CR won't connect to tablet to sync - Windows 8 RTM 5 years 1 day ago #26627

Can I have a moderator move this to the "Bugs" forum?

I did a little more testing, and it will connect to my phone just fine in mass-storage mode, but not MTP mode. So, it appears as though this is some sort of incompatibility w/ Comicrack and how Windows 8 handles MTP. I would glad to collect additional data if it would be helpful.

CR won't connect to tablet to sync - Windows 8 RTM 4 years 11 months ago #26873

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Same is happening with me. Device can only connect in MTP mode, and since upgrading to Windows 8, CR simply won't see it, no ifs ands or buts.

The weird thing is, as soon as I had upgraded, I installed CR and overwrote my comicrack.ini with a backup from my previous Win7 install, and it synced fine.
Then I went and unpaired, and that's it, screwed... So, it seems like it's only the pairing that isn't working, not the actual sync...
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Who's Online

We have 250 guests and 7 members online