Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: v1.66 View Intent and ES File Explorer

v1.66 View Intent and ES File Explorer 4 years 10 months ago #27455

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I just installed v1.66 and no crashes to report, everything seems to be running fine.

Comics that I have read I keep on my LAN and I wanted to try out reading them directly with the new view intent support. So I fired up ES File Explorer and went to my comics folder on the LAN. When I tap any cbr/cbz file ES reports "sorry, no application available". I tried several times with several different files on my LAN same result. I then copied them using ES to my sdcard and tapped them in ES. I then get a dialog with options to open the file in about 20 different programs. Apollo, Chrome, Calendar, Contacts, Gallery, Google Play Store, Aldiko, etc. Most programs have no support for CBR/CBZ files or even rar/zip files.

Is this how this is supposed to be? I would assume only programs that could read the file correctly should be displayed in the list. Also, I was hoping that I would be able to click on a cbz from any source (web, dropbox, box, google drive, ftp, samba) and it would ask which program to use (until I chose my default) and then download it in the background somewhere and just open up directly in CRA.

Hopefully this can be fixed up with just a little polish.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: v1.66 View Intent and ES File Explorer 4 years 10 months ago #27457

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
the view intent might be for CBP files. I noticed that when I tried to open them from ES. With luck, a future update adds CBZ and CBR files.

Re: v1.66 View Intent and ES File Explorer 4 years 10 months ago #27459

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
It should handle cbr/cbz/zip/rar/cbp. I tested it with Astro File manager. But I'll look into it again.

Re: v1.66 View Intent and ES File Explorer 4 years 10 months ago #27470

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I just installed Astro and it's SMB support and tried it.

Browsed to my local Samba share, tapped file, starts to download, finishes and then says "Activity Not Found"

Local files it works fine. Starts right up in CRA.

I haven't tried any cloud providers since I don't normally store any comics there.

I tried this connecting to my Debian file server and my Windows 7 desktop with the same results.

UPDATE: I just uploaded one CBR to Box and tried to open it using ES, "Sorry, no application available"

UPDATE 2: Uploaded the same CBR to Dropbox and tried with Astro, "Activity Not Found"
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Freakeao.

Re: v1.66 View Intent and ES File Explorer 4 years 10 months ago #27473

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
It currently only supports local storage.
So you have to pull your stuff from the cloud.

Re: v1.66 View Intent and ES File Explorer 4 years 9 months ago #27835

Just want to add additional info to this thread. Both "Perfect Viewer" and "A Comic Viewer" can launch a .cbz directly, whether the file is local or not.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Who's Online

We have 198 guests and 7 members online