Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Image quality significantly degrades when transferred to Android

Image quality significantly degrades when transferred to Android 4 years 8 months ago #29568

• njd09
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Maybe this is just an unavoidable consequence of transferring comics to a less powerful device (in my case a Kindle Fire), but I've used CRA for around a year and didn't notice this before.

puu.sh/1XAyz This is on my laptop.

puu.sh/1XAz5 This is on my Kindle.

It wasn't exactly a high-quality image to start with, but man does it look terrible on the Kindle. I tried looking for settings to fix it, but found nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Image quality significantly degrades when transferred to Android 4 years 8 months ago #29580

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
maybe you've optimize checked?

Re: Image quality significantly degrades when transferred to Android 4 years 8 months ago #29585

• njd09
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've never really known what optimize does, so I've simply left it unchecked ever since I started syncing to my Kindle. I also double-checked, and the .cbp file on the Kindle matches the original .cbz's file size.

I guess it's just a problem with that particular gradient. I've read two manga by the same artist, and in both of them, I get that really blocky gradient. In one or two other manga I have on the Kindle that don't have that gray gradient, it looks fine. It generally fares very well when dealing with black and white, but in between seems to be the issue. Very strange. Oh well, hopefully it's only an issue for those two manga. The quality was pretty poor to begin with, but some panels in particular really looked terrible on the Kindle.

Thanks for the response though.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Who's Online

We have 206 guests and 4 members online