Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Syncing Lists (unchecked)

Syncing Lists (unchecked) 5 years 5 months ago #33682

• joe schmoe
  • Fresh Boarder
I have checked "Only Checked" in each the main "Smart Lists" folder and sub-categories lists for my lists, yet when I sync it adds all lists regardless of check mark. Is a drain when I can't stop the process of syncing especially when my drive is full from loading the wrong lists.

CRW- .9.168 64-bit
CRA- 1.75

kind regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Syncing Lists (unchecked) 5 years 5 months ago #33686

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying.

It seems like from your statement you misunderstand what checked is. It's not referring to the smartlists in any way, it's refering to a field in the individual comics' metadata (the default of which is checked for every comic).

If you are talking about it syncing lists that you don't have a check mark next to in the synchronize window, well like I said that has nothing to do with the "only checked" option. If this is what you are talking about, all I can assume is that you have folders checked, in which case it will sync every list in that folder, whether you unchecked a list in the folder or not (AFAIK that's the point of selecting the folder, so you don't have to check off every list in it).

EDIT: Just to reiterate, the 'only checked' option has nothing to do with smartlists, and if you put a check mark on a folder in the sync window, it will sync EVERY list in that folder. If you don't want every list in the folder synced, just don't check off the folder.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by wojosama.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cYo

Re: Syncing Lists (unchecked) 5 years 5 months ago #33689

• joe schmoe
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, I assumed I was misunderstanding the "only checked" button. thank you for confirming.

NOW that I've unchecked the "Smart List" folder :silly: I can also assume my id10t error will go away.
thanks. i guess i should be posting in the Help section from now on :whistle:

Re: Syncing Lists (unchecked) 5 years 5 months ago #33694

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
That reminds me: I always wondered about the purpose of the "Checked" field. Can anyone explain?
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Re: Syncing Lists (unchecked) 5 years 5 months ago #33697

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 560
docdoom wrote:
That reminds me: I always wondered about the purpose of the "Checked" field. Can anyone explain?
I may be wrong, but I think that it is this:
Suppose you have, say, 100 books in a list, out of which you have 'checked' only 10. Now when you sync them with the option 'only checked', then the sync should only copy over those 10 checked books.

If I am wrong, please someone correct me now. :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Syncing Lists (unchecked) 5 years 5 months ago #33698

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
That's exactly how it should work.

I have a list of "unsorted" books, ie. books that are not in any of my smartlists (I use it to catch new series, etc) - and I sync it with the "Only Checked" which lets me select exactly which books to sync from that particular list
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: Syncing Lists (unchecked) 5 years 5 months ago #33703

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Well, I understand the purpose when you use the "Checked" field with syncing. But any use of that field besides that?
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Re: Syncing Lists (unchecked) 5 years 5 months ago #33724

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
I can see a use for it as a kind of favorites for issues/series. Or for issues/series that you want to read again. Set up a smart list for either checked or unchecked (however you want to set it up) and then set the state of the files you want included to whatever the opposite of your default state is.

Unless there's already this functionality somewhere else and I've just been oblivious to it? I mean I know you can favorite whole smartlists, but I think that's all.

EDIT: After thinking about it, I swear a read a thread talking about the uses for checked around here somewhere. So if that's true then I may have totally stolen someones idea without even realizing. If that's the case, apologies, and credit to whomever came up with it.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by wojosama.

Syncing Lists (unchecked) 9 months 1 week ago #48802

• misakitchi
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the "Checked" field explanation! :)

I think i will use like kenjio
"I have a list of "unsorted" books, ie. books that are not in any of my smartlists (I use it to catch new series, etc) - and I sync it with the "Only Checked" which lets me select exactly which books to sync from that particular list"

And like 600WPMPO say:
"Suppose you have, say, 100 books in a list, out of which you have 'checked' only 10. Now when you sync them with the option 'only checked', then the sync should only copy over those 10 checked books."
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Who's Online

We have 128 guests and one member online