Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Wireless synch deleting unread comics from tablet.

Wireless synch deleting unread comics from tablet. 4 years 6 days ago #37025

• Tetranaut
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Good afternoon,

Approximately two weeks ago, a strange bug started occurring: When the wireless synch is initialized, approximately 30 unread comics will disappear, and a handful of new comics would be transferred to my tablet. A second synch would restore the majority of the 30 unread books removed during the initial synch, but the handful of new comics will now disappear.

Here is what I am running:

ComicRack for Android - Version 1.78.96
ComicRack for Windows - Version 0.9.172 64 Bit.

I have restarted both multiple times, paired and unpaired my tablet, and even went so far as deleting the synched comics folder entirely from my tablet (forcing a full sync from scratch). However, the problem continues to persist. It's very strange. Which books end up getting deleted during the initial synchronization seems to be completely random. I end up having to initiate multiple synchs in order to go back and forth between books added by synch 1 and synch 2.

It is almost as if there are two synch profiles competing with each other: One removes books ABC, and installs XYZ. The second removes XYZ, but installs ABC.

When viewing my library in Windows, all unread books appear as they normally would. However, only some synch at any given time. Under device options, I have 'only unread' and 'sort by series' checked. There are no arbitrary book limits enabled. I am honestly stumped as to what the problem might be, and hoping that perhaps someone else might be able to shed some light upon this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wireless sync deleting unread comics from tablet. 1 year 8 months ago #44595

• Maltavius
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the same problem, the Device says "Syncing comics" and it's stopped at 30% (ish) and Comicrack on Windows 10 says it's deleting a comic from the device 30% but none of them are progressing any further.

I have 12GB free on the tablet and 48 comics, the limit is set to 100 and I have 85 in the filter that is synced.

If I press ABORT SYNCHRONISATION on the tablet the text changes from "Waiting" to "aborting" but that's it. I need to restart the device to be able to retry the sync.

Windows Version 0.9.177 64-bit
Android version 1.80.103
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Who's Online

We have 196 guests and 8 members online