Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: External SD card problems?

External SD card problems? 3 years 2 months ago #40582

• d2h5
  • Fresh Boarder
So, I've been using ComicRack for some time now and everything was great, until i ran out of internal memory, so i was like, oh well, better pass these comic files to my sd card, and so i did, and then i opened comicrack and it wouldnt stop refreshing the library.

It refreshes every few seconds, and its really annoying.

I read another thread that was a few months old with the same problem and no solution to it, so is there now a solution? Have there been updates?

I mean the app would be pretty useless if it only worked with internal storage, so yeah.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

External SD card problems? 3 years 1 month ago #40602

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
This is a limitation Google introduced in Android 4.4+ (or 4.3+).
Apps are not able to directly write to external SD cards any longer (which ComicRack has to do if it is used).

I'm kinda surprised that you where able to select the external SD as a Comic Folder in ComicRack.

I'm in the process of creating a fix for this problem. It will not allow to write to the SD card, but will fix the refresh problem.

PS: You can still copy comics manually to the sdcard (with your PC) and set it as the secondary folder.

External SD card problems? 3 years 1 month ago #40696

• lucidusatra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
There might be a way you can get it to write to the SD card:

On external SD cards, each application is given its own dedicated folder to which it can write. For ComicRack, that folder would be "/storage/extSDCard/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer/files"

The only problem there is that it's 6 layers below root, and I know ComicRack can't write to folders if they're more than 3 layers below root. What do you think? Can that be changed?
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Who's Online

We have 208 guests and 3 members online