Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Failed to properly name the install directory

Failed to properly name the install directory 1 year 2 months ago #45887

• Forblaze
  • Fresh Boarder
So this was a weird bug I encountered during installation. This is my first time using ComicRack. Here's the full order of events. I forgot to change the install directory during my initial installation, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled. I didn't know it closed to the system tray, so I didn't know the process was running while it was still uninstalling. Regardless, windows told me it had uninstalled. I then reran the installer, specifying the proper install location on my D:\ drive. It said it installed properly and opened fine afterwards. It absolutely would not open any files and would not give any feedback as to why, except that it couldn't open the book. My only clue that something was amiss was that if I tried to open the file through explorer, having associated the file extension with comicrack during both installs, windows would just keep asking what I wanted to open it with. I was going to attempt to run it was an admin, when I noticed I couldn't find the directory. Instead, I noticed a new folder with the default name, "New Folder." I opened it, and there was the comicrack install. Renaming the folder fixed everything; everything done during installation was done as if it had been named properly.

Using Windows 10 x64
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

Who's Online

We have 296 guests and 3 members online