Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack for Android bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Incompatibilities with Samsung Chromebook Plus

Incompatibilities with Samsung Chromebook Plus 6 months 1 week ago #47478

• zalbar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Reporting two bugs with the ComicRack for Android v1.80.103 running on Samsung Chromebook Plus

1) When attached to a PC running ComicRack for Windows, the device is not detected as running a ComicRack client. Possibly this is because it has an Android instance running on top of ChromeOS instead of being a pure Android device? Nevertheless, the app loads correctly and displays comics as expected, other than the detection issue. This prevents sync between the two instances, of course.

2) Any time I press the "All comics" dropdown in the upper left corner of the main menu, the software crashes. I have sent the automated bug reports from that failure, but I do not know who is receiving them, so I wanted to post this here as well. My purpose would be to change the sorting algorithm from Alphabetical to by Date, but any other functionality in that menu is also inaccessible. This has worked fine on previous devices and seems to be specific to the Samsung Chromebook Plus as well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gpg1048

Incompatibilities with Samsung Chromebook Plus 5 months 2 weeks ago #47646

• gpg1048
  • Fresh Boarder
I have these two bugs to for my CB+ I think the first bug is also because Android apps don't have write access to storage as I understand it. This is an issue if your like me and want to store your comics onto the SD Card. I also have found the bug for the pull down menu, there was another issue with the scaling of comics trying to read in tablet mode but with the latest update to the beta channel of ChromeOS it seems this was fixed and now the comic rotates with the device. Thanks for adding this to the Forum the more buzz we create might help. But I think the sync issue might lay with ChromeOS itself and not the app Dev

Incompatibilities with Samsung Chromebook Plus 5 months 2 weeks ago #47657

• zalbar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It sounds like you don't have the crashing issue on that dropdown menu anymore? What version of ChromeOS are you running right now? If I need to figure out how to switch to he beta channel to get Comicrack usable again, it would be worth it.

Incompatibilities with Samsung Chromebook Plus 5 months 2 weeks ago #47660

• gpg1048
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh no I still have the pull down menu issue when i want to try to sort the comics by date it crashes

59.0.3071.82 (Official Build) beta (32-bit) is the version I am running right now

Incompatibilities with Samsung Chromebook Plus 5 months 2 days ago #47856

• gpg1048
  • Fresh Boarder
Looks like with the new update to the beta channel they fixed the issue making CR crash when sorting by publisher
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Who's Online

We have 222 guests and 7 members online