Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Network Library Access

Network Library Access 7 years 2 weeks ago #16834

• lacosanostra84
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey cYo, was mega chuffed to come home from a long day in work and fire up CR to find a new version to download as well as an Android app! Will you be looking to add a feature to allow the app to access a library via the web similar to the access via the desktop app and like Calibre does for ebooks? Would love this feature :-)

Keep up the good work fella!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Network Library Access 7 years 2 weeks ago #16846

• damocles
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Cyo said on aug 1 that the first version will not support network access (comicrack.cyolito.com/home/news/167-short-update-about-the-android-version)

But since the 0.9.144 support synching across devices, this is mitigated somewhat. And a bit more usefull as you don't have to be on a network to read synched books (much like kindle)

Re: Network Library Access 7 years 2 weeks ago #16861

• lacosanostra84
  • Senior Boarder
Yeah, that's fair enough. But with this being feature requests this is something I'd like to see. I can FTP or access my NAS drove where my library is stored but I'd like to have access to my entire library through the app and download comics I want that way without having to delve into folders and sub-folders - seeing as this app is just out I'm not expecting any major developments for some time - the app as it is at the moment is awesome. Just wanted to know if it was something that would be implemented somewhere down the line.

Re: Network Library Access 7 years 2 weeks ago #16863

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
I think the path will be:
1) wireless synchronization
2) Network access

Re: Network Library Access 7 years 2 weeks ago #16864

• lacosanostra84
  • Senior Boarder
Cool. Loving the app in general though, can't wait for the ad-free version - it'll be one of the select few apps I will actually pay for! Told a few guys in work about CR and now that I've shared the app info on Facebook and Google+ they're evenmore keen about sorting their libraries.

This is, by far, the best reader on the market - used to use ACV and I thought that was awesome - got rid now!

Cheers for getting back re future development :)

Re: Network Library Access 7 years 2 weeks ago #16871

• Lantre
  • Fresh Boarder
Wireless sync will really push this app into another level. Being able to sync all my android devices wirelessly will be tremendous.

Re: Network Library Access 7 years 2 weeks ago #16882

Don't know if this was touched on; what about a server function; i live in a android/iPad house hold and love apps on like Air Video Server/ServeToMe for iOS; but cant seem to find a similar one for Android.

Due to my sizable collection and not looking to constantly move comics back and forth on SD card or trying to update my sync list in CR; would pay pretty good money for a paid app that allows this type of function.

Again don't know if this was touched on, but I'm at work and don't have time to search; just quickly type.

Also thank you again for this wonderful program and now Android App; been a long time ComicRack user.

Re: Network Library Access 7 years 2 weeks ago #16887

• Lantre
  • Fresh Boarder
That would fall under "Network Access".

Re: Network Library Access 7 years 2 weeks ago #16953

• bob_cook
  • Senior Boarder
I would be very happy with wireless syncing of status/bookmarks/read location before being able to download mags. I don't mind plugging in to get the comics on my phone and tablet, but I would love to be able to read on my phone and have the read status automatically update on desktop and tablet.

Re: Network Library Access 7 years 2 weeks ago #16955

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
cYo, have you considered adding a feature that will allow .cbz files to associate with ComicRack? If this feature was added a person could use ES File Explorer to open individual files from the PC on the Android device.
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Who's Online

We have 128 guests and 2 members online