Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Sorting options

Sorting options 6 years 2 months ago #17035

• penumbren
  • Fresh Boarder
I know the metadata is limited right now but having the ability to sort by Alternate Series + Alternate Number would be really helpful. That's how I organize my 'event' lists, and sorting by Published date just doesn't cut it for most of them.

Also, having the last-used options for viewing/stacking remembered (or able to be specified/saved) for each list would be really nice. Some lists I just have stacked by series, but others I want non-stacked and sorted by (alternate :)) number, and it's a little jarring switching back and forth constantly if I'm switching between lists.

Thanks so much for all the hard work, cYo!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sorting options 6 years 2 months ago #17054

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
And I thought 'storyline' referred to "Alternate Series'...
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Sorting options 6 years 2 months ago #17057

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
yes storylines is alternate series

Re: Sorting options 6 years 2 months ago #17062

• penumbren
  • Fresh Boarder
Aha! I see the problem. Two of the comics in the list I was trying to sort out had multiple Alternate Series listed, which I didn't catch. Thank you for the clarification on Storyline; that's what I originally thought, but the problem with my list confused me.

Re: Sorting options 6 years 2 months ago #17346

• syphrezero
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fan of Steel
  • Thank you received: 1
I too have had some trouble making effective use of books with multiple Storyline entries; here's a practical example that demonstrates it:

Supergirl Vol. 5 #40 is part of both the "World Without Superman" and "Who Is Superwoman?" story arcs. (There are numerous occurrences of this throughout the extended New Krypton arc.) The problem appears to be due to having no clear delineator between the two series names; when trying to view/sort by Storyline, it treats the Storyline field as a single entry that happens to have a comma in it and doesn't mesh with other, single-storyline entries. (ComicRack treats it as one storyline titled "World Without Superman, Who Is Superwoman?" and doesn't fall into its proper place in the reading order.)

Can you introduce a feature that allows for multiple Storyline entries as separate, non-overlapping fields? (Alternately, a way of parsing the contents of the field as multiple entries using a semicolon or other character.) That in turn could make sorting and reading of large events considerably easier.

Many thanks, and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I LOVE this app. Keep up the fantastic work, it's greatly appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shinrai

Re: Sorting options 6 years 2 months ago #17353

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I've requested this before and I'll request it again - we NEED the ability to have these parsed separately. I am onboard with the post before me. :)
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Shinrai.

Re: Sorting options 6 years 2 months ago #17357

• penumbren
  • Fresh Boarder
Shinrai wrote:
I've requested this before and I'll request it again - we NEED the ability to have these parsed separately. I am onboard with the post before me. :)

That would be a wonderful option. I'd especially love it if there were a way to set up multiple Alternate Series + Alternate Number sets: "Alt Series 1; Alt Series 2" + "Alt #1; Alt #8", for instance. I have several in the Marvel event lists I set up that cross over between events and are of course at different points in each event.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Who's Online

We have 218 guests and one member online