Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: suggestion. limit book number in syncing / folders?

suggestion. limit book number in syncing / folders? 6 years 4 days ago #17501

• Freeballer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I tried using the smartlist/sync today for the first time. It worked out pretty decently but one thing I found annoying is the sync (data) size was way to high for my sd card. I tried using the "limit books" in edit, but it randomly selected issues instead of correct numbering. Is there a way to limit the amount of sync data but still allow some options for readers?

3 options I was thinking:
1) sync x books after last issue read
2) sync x books from series start

-- Or you can use checkmark system for smartlists... in device window or main window. A checkmark means it'll be synced to device... Un-checked will not.

It would also be nice if syncing would also create some folders. Either by smartlist (eg. "recently added" -> "recently added" folder) OR by [publisher]\[series]\[volume] - in other words; a more organized/cleaner look.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: suggestion. limit book number in syncing / folders? 5 years 11 months ago #17637

• MilkmanWes
  • Junior Boarder
would setting a smart list where issue # < x help?

Also since a smart list criteria starts with "match all criteria in library/other smart list" you could create a nested list. For example a smart list that matches all criteria in unread smart list AND where publisher is marvel gives me all unread marvels.

So could creating additional and nested smart lists let you create a more refined list that you could select.

Also the user scripts criteria in a smart list might get what you want re x books after last read, but I have not experimented since most of my needs are met with simple boolean logic.

Re: suggestion. limit book number in syncing / folders? 5 years 11 months ago #17643

• Freeballer
  • Senior Boarder
I actually have several nested lists.eg: marvel->spider-man, x-men, etc... image-> severed, walking dead.
problem is they require frequent editing for my favorite books. Yesterday I didn't have any walking dead issues because I didn't edit it properly before sync.

Its taking me a while to get the missing issues sorted out. Once I do I'll try the user script later. But frankly I've never been good at scripting..

Re: suggestion. limit book number in syncing / folders? 5 years 11 months ago #17646

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
I'm unsure of the complexity of doing this but, as a suggestion, if one could set the "direction" on the "Limit to" feature in the Smart List then I think this could be done (i.e. First x books in the list, last x books in the list or random, which is the current default, etc.). One could build a smart list say something like...

Limit to first 5 in the list
Match All
Match everything in Library
Read Percentage between 0 and 95%
File Directory contains "C\Chew\"

or

Limit to first 5 in list
Match All
Match everything in Library
Read Percentage between 0 and 95%
File Directory contains "Walking Dead (Image)"

I'm sure you get the idea. Basically the list would show the first 5 unread. The sort order would obviously have to be set to Number, ascending for this to make any sense. You could build something similar for all books currently being read, then they would never have to be maintained until you were done. Books simply disappear from the list once they're read and automatically appear on the list when they're added to your library. Similarly, instead of "Read Percentage" you might be able to use the Show Only Unread option under view, but that was not a feature when I built my lists.

Finally, if you can only sync a single smart list, one could then build a smart list to pull all the individual smart lists together. Once it's all built, there would be no maintenance other than adding new lists and removing completed listed. I don't have the Android version, so don't really know the robustness of the smart list system there or how it all hooks together. This is all from the perspective of the Windows App.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Samael69.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Who's Online

We have 150 guests and 7 members online