Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Remote Library Viewing

Remote Library Viewing 6 years 1 month ago #17512

First of all great job on the app! Using the free version atm but once i get my android tablet i will definately pay you your well deserved 5$!!

On to my request. this is probably a pretty big one and it could be hard to realize but it would be awesome.

I have most of my comics stored on on computer in my homenetwork and just a few comics on my phone/tablet.
It would be great if (when in the same network) we could browse and read our whole library via wifi (considering the comicrack programm is running on the computer) this would go one step beyond just wifi syncing and would allow you to have far more comics available (at home) than the memory of a tablet/phone could carry.

so basically i would like to be able to view and read my full PC library from my Android Device, provided they are in the same network!

Keep up the great work!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Remote Library Viewing 6 years 1 month ago #17527

If you have rooted your device you can try CIFSManager, which lets you mount network shares. It's in the market, and it's free.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=756158

Note: I haven't tried this myself.

Re: Remote Library Viewing 6 years 1 month ago #17529

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
At some point in the future there will be remote viewing capabilities in the client.

But I have to change the way it is currently done. Small devices are just not built to handle (20k+ libraries - and yes, there are people who have them).

Re: Remote Library Viewing 6 years 1 month ago #17531

cool! nice to hear that this is on your list.

but you bring up a valid point. huge librabries might cause problems with weaker devices.

as for cifsmanager. its a really good aplication. i use it to watch video from my homeserver on my phone BUT i dont think it currently integrates very well with CR. you wouldn't have read count etc synchronized, which imho is one of the great appeals of comicrack on android + windows. you are on the same page wherever you go ;)

Re: Remote Library Viewing 6 years 1 month ago #17533

• greenlanternprime
  • Expert Boarder
  • Me Grimlock.. Bad Ass!
At some point in the future there will be remote viewing capabilities in the client.

But I have to change the way it is currently done. Small devices are just not built to handle (20k+ libraries - and yes, there are people who have them).

Yeah me!
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by greenlanternprime.

Re: Remote Library Viewing 6 years 1 month ago #17550

• jp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
cYo wrote:

That will be a cool feature to have. I was wondering about it myself and was thinking my 7K+ library was massive. 20K+, is just a staggering number and wouldn't even want to see what that would do to the app.

Re: Remote Library Viewing 6 years 1 month ago #17558

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Heh. CR for windows handles 56k just fine :-). (thats a little under 900gb, in case you're wondering. Yep, my metaphysical ding-dong is bigger than yours).

fK

Re: Remote Library Viewing 6 years 1 month ago #17732

• Caedus
  • Fresh Boarder
Any timeline on this? The remote libraries is the best (and my favorite feature) in comic rack.

Re: Remote Library Viewing 6 years 1 month ago #17773

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
This is definitely the missing piece that I am looking forward to... being able to access my PC library with CRA is going to be very amazing.

:)

Re: Remote Library Viewing 5 years 11 months ago #19623

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hasn't been much discussion about this feature lately, but it is still the big one, IMO. Was just wondering if it was still on the table for upcoming features?
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Who's Online

We have 349 guests and 2 members online