Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Facebook Syncing from ComicRack

Facebook Syncing from ComicRack 6 years 1 month ago #17822

I know a lot of users like me would like to be able to share manually or automatically their reading on Facebook. This is extremely easy with ComicRack having metada

* User has to provide his Facebook credential via Login or the more convenient Single Sign On method (if Facebook app is installed). All documented in the API.

* Via manual action, the user publishes a link with comment "I am reading <ComicSeries> <Issue> (<Month>/<Year) [(Publisher)]" or a custom string. The link is ComicVine page URL of that issue as part of the metadata. Facebook will render the comic issue cover from that page and associated text summary. If no ComicVine or similar metadata is available, only the file name is published as a plain text status.

* Automatically when configured, when user completes a book, a link with comment "finished reading <ComicSeries> <Issue> (<Month>/<Year) [(Publisher)]" or a customized string, the link is ComicVine page URL of that issue as part of the metadata. When Facebook makes its new Timeline profiles available, a new form of publication will become possible that is a summary of several small posts. Report post allows to create a summary of multiple small publications and publish it only once, i.e. "User finished reading 13 comics: (followed by cover and title of each one)". If it is used, ComicRack published only one post each X hours (i.e. 12 or 24) with info of all read comics for the past period.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Facebook Syncing from ComicRack 6 years 1 month ago #17824

What about something like syncing to getglue that then post to facebook and could end up with you getting stickers

Re: Facebook Syncing from ComicRack 6 years 1 month ago #17825

Relying on a middleman between ComicRack and Facebook would make it succeptable to GetGlue API changes, reliability of service and require users to get GetGlue in order to enjoy FB sharing, and people are inceasingly wary of adding another site to their online life. Also, wouldn't GetGlue API limit the flexibility of publishing on Facebook? I used GetGlue in the past, it has been severely limited into "item checkins" for badges. Nothing beyond that. What is it's badge collection for comics? How would it use or check against ComicVine metadata?

Re: Facebook Syncing from ComicRack 6 years 1 month ago #17894

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
I will add same sharing stuff in the near future.
First will be to not only save snapshots to the gallery but share them with other apps.

I can not guarantee that I will look into detailed 3rd party APIs in the near future.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Who's Online

We have 368 guests and 2 members online