Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Synch & Subdirectories

Synch & Subdirectories 6 years 3 weeks ago #18389

• Aegrus
  • Junior Boarder
It would be nice if when I synch my list called "Infinity Gauntlet" from my PC to my android tablet that CR would create an actual subdirectory called "Infinity Gauntlet" instead of just mass dumping the issues into my "Comics" directory.

If I am overlooking something please let me know.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Synch & Subdirectories 6 years 3 weeks ago #18398

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I mentioned this on your other post, but...the problem with this is that a book can be in multiple lists at the same time. You don't want to be making multiple copies of a book because storage on these devices can be tight.

Now, that said, I can see how it might be desirable regardless sometimes, so maybe making it a configuration option or something.

Re: Synch & Subdirectories 6 years 3 weeks ago #18401

• Aegrus
  • Junior Boarder
Your point is valid but I feel that if you are that concerned about space then you won't have so many crossovers and events on your device at once.

Otherwise, most of us have our shares stored on our networks or at least a less "portable" device and we just want to be able to do some synching for on the go.

Other options are maybe making a "Lists" view instead of a folder view but CR is all about hierarchical organization. Also, viewing network storage may be an alternative but it is not available at the moment.

Also, to your last point, it being an optional configuration and not a default was really what I envisioned so that's totally fine by me. :whistle:
Last Edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Aegrus.

Re: Synch & Subdirectories 6 years 3 weeks ago #18407

• Aegrus
  • Junior Boarder
One thing about CR is I find myself wishing it did something only to figure out later it actually does.

After playing around I did notice that my lists are being preserved under "eComics" and I can keep the reading order preserved by selecting "not sorted".

This functionality does make it much easier to locate and read custom lists and suits my needs in the way sub-directories would have.

Re: Synch & Subdirectories 6 years 3 weeks ago #18408

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
Oops - that had already been mentioned enough on this subforum that I assumed you must have realized that, and had some ulterior motive for wanting folder view (some people are just stubborn and prefer it for some reason). I agree that for the usage scenario in question it's preferable to use lists!
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Who's Online

We have 199 guests and one member online