Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Add new "Sort By" fields to the list displays

Add new "Sort By" fields to the list displays 5 years 8 months ago #20387

• Juan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
(this might be a planned change for a future update once the new fields are settled in)

It would be nice, for example, to be able to group the thumbnails using the new Series Group or Main Character fields, to get an overview of a specific collection of books that don't necessarily have the same series.

Also, currently the Sort By Story option uses the Alternate Series field, which I guess might be changed to Story Arc when the new Comic Vine Scraper update is ready (which I'm also eagerly looking forward to)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Add new "Sort By" fields to the list displays 5 years 8 months ago #20677

• Juan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Hmm, maybe I can explain my usage to demonstrate why this would help me out.

Previously, I used the Alternate Series field as if it was the new Series Group field, so I could stack comics by a broader category than just specific series. This especially helped with specials that had a slightly different series title in Comic Vine, but were still part of the same overall story.

For example, both Batman and Detective Comics would go in the "Batman" Alternate Series, both Superman and Action Comics would go in "Superman", both New and Astonishing X-Men would go in "X-Men", all the Vertigo titles would go in their own stack, etc. Then I could sort within those stacks by individual series or publication date.

So essentially it was like making 50 smart lists, except much nicer to look at. This carried over to the Android version, where I was able to stack them by "Story" for easy visualization and browsing.

However, now that there's fields dedicated to what I was misusing the Alternate Series field for, it would be nice to be able to stack them that way instead, and be able to rescrape the actual alternate series and story arcs into their proper fields.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

Who's Online

We have 216 guests and 5 members online