Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Sort by LIST

Sort by LIST 5 years 7 months ago #22673

• MrDowntown
  • Junior Boarder
So in ComicRack I have placed comics in the order I wish - I then upload/sync the list to my tablet and I am given the choice of: Cover (which shows ALL comics in Alpha order), Details (same as previous with more info) and Stack (which stacks comics by their title.)

I want to request the option of LIST - which puts the comics in the order I placed them in within CR regardless of title.

Reasons: Sometime a mini-series (which i placed in chronological/story order in list) has separate title. For example Highland Laddie within The Boys. OR Sometimes I would like a stack sorted by EVENT, not individual title (Flashpoint/AvX, Etc).

PLEASE allow me or tell me how - to have my comics arranged on my tablet/phone in the EXACT order i placed them in the list within CR.

THANK YOU.

PS. This is the greatest program there is, I have purchased the Full app and recommend to everyone and as soon as i have some extra money I will donate it, because this app brings me SO much joy.

P.S.S. This is a re-post as I had previously posted it in the wrong section. I have used the ComicVine Script on all my comics, so mis-labeled comics is not a problem.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sort by LIST 5 years 7 months ago #22685

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
There's a sort option in CRA to preserve the original order of the list from CRW. Choose 'Not sorted' to display them in the original ordering.

Re: Sort by LIST 5 years 7 months ago #22686

• MrDowntown
  • Junior Boarder
Perhaps I load comics differently than others, I load multiple lists onto my tablet at once. Ill have an avengers list and a secret avengers list and a The Boys list containing the three mini-series (herogasm, highland laddie, Butcher Baker...) in intended reading order.

If I press stack, it stacks them by series (separating out the miniseries), publisher (useless), storyline (didnt seem to work/not what I want).

If I press unsorted, it lists ALL comics on device in list order, but does not separate the lists.

So to correct my request: I would like a "STACK BY LIST" option. So I may load multiple lists, then stack them by list, and when i press on a list it contains all comics in that list in the EXACT order they were placed on CR on my computer.

It may also be useful to people to have a sort/stack by "Alternate Series" option. I have not yet loaded my list of Marvel Civil War, but I cannot imaging trying to read that in order with it being sorted by title/series ... or scrolling through hundreds of comics on my device to find where i left off, choose a different series to read for a break, etc.

Re: Sort by LIST 5 years 7 months ago #22687

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
I am very confused as to what you're saying. Are you viewing the entire contents of the library ('All eComics') and trying to sort by list order? Why not just select the list in question (which is what I assumed you meant)? I have dozens of lists on my device and I can just select whichever one I want to only see the comics in that list. THEN I have full sort options on just that selection.

I think 'storyline' actually is sorting by Alternate Series, but don't hold me to that.

Re: Sort by LIST 5 years 7 months ago #22688

• MrDowntown
  • Junior Boarder
Firstly, I think you're right about storyline = Alternate (thank You)

Also, I see what you mean. On the main screen I can push the button that looks like >] and select any list and then organize how I want. But to go back I have to re-press the >] button, scroll up and select All EComics to see the library view again (if I press Back it simply exits) On the home (library) screen [First screen you see upon opening the app] I would like to sort those by LIST so I can just press a list and go to it, and BACK will bring me to Home (library) screen again. Perhaps Im just being too picky - its an aesthetics things. Does that make sense?

Re: Sort by LIST 5 years 7 months ago #22689

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
Interesting, I do not see the library screen when I first launch the app - I get list of lists (with also 'All eComics' 'New eComics' and 'Unread eComics'.) This must be a device difference, I'm guessing (I'm on a phone not a tablet). I can see how if your implementation behaves in that manner that you might prefer this behavior - unfortunately I doubt there's any way to do it right now.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Shinrai.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrDowntown

Re: Sort by LIST 5 years 7 months ago #22691

• MrDowntown
  • Junior Boarder
Yeah, Im using a Tablet. At some point I can get some screen captures to try to better explain what Im seeing Vs what id like to see ...

Re: Sort by LIST 5 years 7 months ago #22694

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
@MrDowntown - looks like Shinrai's advice is right on the money.
MrDowntown wrote:
I have not yet loaded my list of Marvel Civil War, but I cannot imaging trying to read that in order with it being sorted by title/series ... or scrolling through hundreds of comics on my device to find where i left off, choose a different series to read for a break, etc.
As far as this goes, I did want to point out that in the Preferences of ComicRack for Android you can go to the Startup section and check the box next to "Open the last eComic". This causes the app on startup to continue reading the last opened eComic where you left off.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by oraclexview.
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Who's Online

We have 232 guests and 2 members online