Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas
  • Page:

TOPIC: Option to sort by the original readinglist position

Re: Option to sort by the original readinglist position 5 years 5 months ago #23819

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
Empty0ne wrote:
Shouldn't the default be the most obvious choice? If I manually create a reading list, when I go to read that list, then I would expect that list to be in the order I designated. I shouldn't have to change a setting to keep it in the order of how I chose to place it.

Since it is an option, with an on/off switch, I think the option should be off, then if you want that functionality, you can go and turn it on. That seems like the most user friendly option.

I agree with this, except that I suspect more people are using smart lists than actual reading lists so this may actually be the default that makes sense. (I'm with you, I basically only use manually configured lists.)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Option to sort by the original readinglist position 5 years 5 months ago #23838

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Shinrai wrote:
Empty0ne wrote:
Shouldn't the default be the most obvious choice? If I manually create a reading list, when I go to read that list, then I would expect that list to be in the order I designated. I shouldn't have to change a setting to keep it in the order of how I chose to place it.

Since it is an option, with an on/off switch, I think the option should be off, then if you want that functionality, you can go and turn it on. That seems like the most user friendly option.

I agree with this, except that I suspect more people are using smart lists than actual reading lists so this may actually be the default that makes sense. (I'm with you, I basically only use manually configured lists.)
I'm going to agree with Shinrai. Most probably sync their Smart List so when the feature was created I'm sure there was more demand for the current default setting at that time. Thankfully though we have the option to change it! :cheer: I also think it would be cool to have it remember the way you'd like it for all future list syncs.
Personally, I only sync static lists since I ca directly control the reading order since there rarely is any rhyme or reason to most major crossover story arcs. Even chronological ordered list usually need a manual tweaking due to prequel and retcon story lines.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Who's Online

We have 274 guests and one member online