Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: "Optimized for tablet" taking into account hi-res screens?

"Optimized for tablet" taking into account hi-res screens? 5 years 2 months ago #24716

• tmeader
  • Fresh Boarder
With the latest Android hardware (such as the Asus Transformer Infinity TF700) that has a 1920x1080 screen resolution, is there any separate optimization going on vs the old "standard" tablet 1280x800 to take advantage of the higher-res? I realize the that file sizes would be larger, just wondering if there's any improvement in image quality that could be had, while still saving space vs the full size files?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: "Optimized for tablet" taking into account hi-res screens? 5 years 2 months ago #24718

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Hey tmeader, I'm curious as to the exact feature you are requesting here? I ask because I already believe that ComicRack has an "optimize" feature when syncing to an Android device. So, as long as your original file has an equal or greater pixel resolution and DPI than what your device was max designed for then I would assume that file would be "optimized" for that device as long as you have that option set. Thus, I don't see why there would need to be any separate optimization going on. Maybe I'm just missing what you're really looking for.

Re: "Optimized for tablet" taking into account hi-res screens? 5 years 2 months ago #24722

• tmeader
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry for the confusion. I guess what I'm looking for is something inbetween "optimized" and "fullsized" that is still perhaps a higher res that can be seen appreciated with these more detailed screens?

For instance, once the iPad came out with the "Retina" display, Comixology began offering higher res downloads on that platform to take advantage of the new detail available. Suppose the same can already be accomplished by just uploading the full size comic to the tablet from the get go.

Re: "Optimized for tablet" taking into account hi-res screens? 5 years 2 months ago #24723

• schroder08
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I *think* what tmeader is asking is if the "optimized" feature is dynamic to the device or a set resolution based upon what the tablets were at when the feature came out.

Re: "Optimized for tablet" taking into account hi-res screens? 5 years 2 months ago #24724

• tmeader
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes... thank you :) Basically, is there any different "optimization" going on based on the screen resolution of the target device, or is it just one set type of thing?

Re: "Optimized for tablet" taking into account hi-res screens? 5 years 2 months ago #24725

• Juan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
There's a setting you can change in the ComicRack.ini, if you're familiar with it.

At the very bottom, under "Sync Settings," you can set the maximum height for optimized pages. I assume changing it to 1920 would give the best results, but I've never really played around with it myself.

Let me know if you need help finding the .ini, there's a lot of hidden tweaks in there.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Juan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tmeader
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Who's Online

We have 189 guests and 8 members online